Go Back   16v Mini Club Forums > Builds > Vauxhall Builds

Old 25-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #106
knoxy

Subframe: Allspeed
CC: 1600
Make: Vauxhall
ECU: standard
Send a message via MSN to knoxy

thanks mark, as all know its a long process this restoration modding business.

been over again tonight for couple of hours, the doors fit better an i've painted the underside with a type of wax oil paint. i can now look at fitting the brake an fuel pipes an battery cable underneath now. i think coat of primer, 2 coats of galvafroid paint an a coat or two of wax oil should keep it rust free for couple of years. lol

i have now a list to get on with, to keep me on one job rather than several an jumping between them.
knoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #107
minimanryan

Subframe: Other
CC: 998
Make: Rover
ECU: none cars to old

have you still got the corsa if so what are you doin with the front windscreen if it not broke let me know need one quick for my nans corsa its going for a mot soon and hers has a chip in it and autoglass quoted her 80
minimanryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #108
patlink

CC: k100
Make: Other
ECU: not sure yet

corsa was turned into bean tins a long ago
patlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #109
knoxy

i've been back at it this weekend doing both the estate an working on garfields bonnet.

got a few small jobs tidied up, cleared the car out, ran the loom again front to back an started to get the brake lines fitted. the rear bias valve is fitted, the front to rear pipe is also in just wants making off at the master cylinder. i've readjusted the doors to give them a better gap.

last week i received a front set of coil overs from gazwad. they have now been cleaned up an painted just want bottom brackets making to accept the top arms as the ones that came with them were for a metro frame.

pats been busy with a bit of stainless steel welding. the tails to the exhaust have been welded up, we've got the front brackets on to the tank to allow the fitting to begin an adjustment to the rear valance to be looked at as well.

here's the pics anyway.

forgot to take one of the damper repainted i'll do that tomorrow as now have two weeks off work.

Last edited by knoxy; 29-07-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old 31-07-2012, 11:47 PM   #110
knoxy

forgot to get pics of the tank as we now have the filler necks an the final brackets welded on. i've now had the tank bolted to the car as well just hanging off 2 of the securing bolts on the front. it'll eventually be held in by 12 bolts. we worked out the volume of the tank today as well with the aid of the old 10litre bucket. the tank will hold 40litres of water so minus the volume the pump will take up an the anti slosh foam stuff it'ss probably nearer 35litres which im hoping is more than enough fuel. lol.

much thanks to pat for the above work an i think i have him convinced on using argon/co2 mixed gas in the future over co2.

i've got a pair of lower coilover brackets being sent to me so i can copy them an make up my own lower brackets as the ones that came with my coilovers are bodged mg frame ones. hopefully next week they'll be progressed further so i can remove the cones an fit the coilovers properly
Old 01-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #111
richie08

CC: 1396
ECU: Rover mems

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxy View Post
i've got a pair of lower coilover brackets being sent to me so i can copy them an make up my own lower brackets as the ones that came with my coilovers are bodged mg frame ones. hopefully next week they'll be progressed further so i can remove the cones an fit the coilovers properly
What are you doing with the ones that suit an MG frame? I could do with a set of these for my Metro framed conversion if you're selling
richie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #112
minimanryan

ok patlink and i guess the cars going blue then nice 5 spoke revos sure i seen garfield in newton-le 2day by the doctors in earlstown i might be wrong but if i am that means theres another mini in earlstown
Old 02-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #113
minimanryan

loving the hi-los or hi-lows what ever there called

Last edited by minimanryan; 02-08-2012 at 07:03 PM. Reason: nowt
Old 14-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #114
knoxy

been a while since i've updated this, been a while since i've worked on it to be honest. with the ex moving out, work, holidays an sorting other peoples cars out.

since then i've fitted the tank an measured up the valance for the extension pieces to be put in. the locking ring piece for the tank is waiting for me to send for welding.

the exhaust tails are fitted an want trimming down but that will be once the valance is fitted

power cable has been run just wants fixing to the under side as the new panels didnt have the cable gutter on it.

all thats left of the loom is to finish mounting the fuse box then make off the lighting circuit.

other than that there been minimal progress. hoping soon we may have a larger gennie so may be able to start welding again rather than measure it up take it away an bring it back welded.

looking soon to get the fuel lines anyone have any opinions as whats best to use?
Old 01-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #115
knoxy

it has been a while since i've updated this. work hasnt stopped its been progressing steadily when funds an time allow.

right so what have i done....

the engines been back out the frame, for the fuel lines these are now fitted from the tank, underneath an up the bulkhead only need the ends finishing that go onto the fuel rail.
while the engines out i've done the top arms just because i didnt want to be doing 1000 miles an finding i have to do them which mean engine out again.
new cv's were bought from ebay an are now fitted to the driveshafts and the metro hubs fitted.
hole in the rear boot floor cut to allow fuel pump access.
fuel pump ring welded into the tank finally.
bought a heater from demon thieves designed for kitcar as its tiny but they recon it kicks out 3.5kw of heat. still got to fit this but should have it fitted soon.

i hoping soon i can try turning the key an see what works on the engine still :s

yet to be painted

also now have all rear brake components once i've finished playing with the front i'll build up the rear brakes an then its a case of waiting till funds allow me to go buy a nice shiny set of calipers an discs decided im not going to use the metro ones now.

Last edited by knoxy; 01-12-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old 14-05-2017, 02:18 PM   #116
knoxy

I cant believe its been 5 years since ive updated this. well I still have the estate an im nearing an end to it.
after moving house a couple of times, ex's an illness the estate was put on the back burner until last year when I started pushing again on it.

all my pics are here

http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/kn...?sort=3&page=1

this is what it looks like now though. middle of flatting back.

Old 15-05-2017, 06:18 PM   #117
knoxy

will let the pictures do the talking

Old 15-05-2017, 09:06 PM   #118
Mini Vlatko

Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1998
ECU: MegaSquirt

I like where you're getting with the look! Where did you get your hedlights?
Old 16-05-2017, 06:44 AM   #119
knoxy

Headlights came from eBay. Land rover defender ones. They fit mini bowls fine.
Old 16-05-2017, 06:36 PM   #120
Richie13

CC: 2ltr 8
ECU: Standard

Hi mate great build what make are you mini wheels they look great and so do the headlights
Richie13 is offline   Reply With Quote