16v Mini Club Forums  

Go Back   16v Mini Club Forums > General Public Area > Rover Chat

Old 06-09-2019, 04:57 PM   #16
B.Bumble

Subframe: Watson
CC: 1396
Make: Rover
ECU: MEMS 3 [MGZR]

I believe the reason both the MEMS 2 and 3 reset after 30 seconds is because you don't have central locking and the unit thinks no one has opened the door so it re-locks it automatically after the 30secs setting the alarm/immobiliser. Also pin 2 on the grey plug [CO662] is connected to the interior light door switch and this signal is linked to the alarm system as well. I have an Excel spreadsheet with all the Pektron pins labelled but not sure how to attach it to this thread. Will try later.

This link should show the Pektron Pin Map. Couldn't figure how to attach a document so have printed it, photographed it, saved it in Flicker then attached. there MUST be an easier way to add documents????

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...d3a4ecf2_c.jpg

Last edited by B.Bumble; 07-09-2019 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Additional info
B.Bumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 07:36 AM   #17
Matt1

Thanks for the advice chaps, ill have a go at grounding out the wire for the sill switch and door open and see how that affects the immo light. I missed out on the remapped set by the look of it i will keep looking tho as i do want to get it remapped and don't want to faf about twice with a sketchy pectron unit.
Matt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 07:51 AM   #18
B.Bumble

Subframe: Watson
CC: 1396
ECU: MEMS 3 [MGZR]

If you are in any doubt about your Pektron unit, contact Paul Brown at Technozen. He is undoubtedly the Guru for Pektron and is highly praised by the MG boys and girls. His prices are very reasonable. I got my unit checked over, front fog light re activated, two relays changed and a spare key fob for £75. Drop him an email and tell him exactly what is wrong and exactly what you want and see what he says. Can't do any harm, won't cost you to ask and at least you're talking to someone who knows what they are talking about.
B.Bumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:10 AM   #19
Matt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Bumble View Post
If you are in any doubt about your Pektron unit, contact Paul Brown at Technozen. He is undoubtedly the Guru for Pektron and is highly praised by the MG boys and girls. His prices are very reasonable. I got my unit checked over, front fog light re activated, two relays changed and a spare key fob for £75. Drop him an email and tell him exactly what is wrong and exactly what you want and see what he says. Can't do any harm, won't cost you to ask and at least you're talking to someone who knows what they are talking about.
Cheers, I'll bear it in mind. I'm pretty confident the pectron unit itself is ok. it all worked well in the donor and in with the paperwork for the car was an invoice from technozen for new relays etc about 12 months before i stripped it. like people have suggested i'm guessing it just wants some other inputs from door switches etc
Matt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:28 PM   #20
edk83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1 View Post
Thanks for the advice chaps, ill have a go at grounding out the wire for the sill switch and door open and see how that affects the immo light. I missed out on the remapped set by the look of it i will keep looking tho as i do want to get it remapped and don't want to faf about twice with a sketchy pectron unit.
Yeah it wouldn't have been around long at that price, just the remap on your ecu by Z&F is £200, Saws charge £130 but that doesn't include an ecu set or postage, I paid them £150 to do mine with postage = good results.

I may have a Z&F remapped ecu that is immobilizer unlocked available soon if you are stuck with the pektron rubbish.
Personally I wouldn't not have an immobilizer, having an unlocked ecu in the spares pile is handy though which is why I'm picking it up, also you could always go aftermarket on the immobilizer
I'll test it on my car and let you know.

Last edited by edk83; 10-09-2019 at 01:52 PM.
edk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 06:53 PM   #21
edk83

Just been messing with my unlocked ecu. Runs any k series however i thought it would just start without the 5as, doesn't you still have to disarm the 5as with the fob, but can use any 5as and fob, handy
Old 12-09-2019, 06:54 AM   #22
InstantCustard

Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1.8
ECU: Emerald K6

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk83 View Post
Just been messing with my unlocked ecu. Runs any k series however i thought it would just start without the 5as, doesn't you still have to disarm the 5as with the fob, but can use any 5as and fob, handy

Different to my MEMS2 ECU, mine has the immobiliser switched off completely so it doesn’t even try to look for a 5AS, same as the Emerald.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardonfast View Post
Haz obviously don't like custard , my Mrs spits it out to!
I love it
InstantCustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:14 AM   #23
edk83

I dont think this would look for it either, it's just that my starter relay is triggered from the 5as as per factory, so 5as still needs to click over for my start /crank button to work as that's wired to the 5as.

If you connect the ecu then put 12v to the starter solneriod I bet it'll start and not need it, it's just the way I've wired mine to need the 5as.

Ecu is certainly plug and play though, and has pops on the overrun

Available if needed

Last edited by edk83; 12-09-2019 at 10:17 AM.