16v Mini Club Forums  

Go Back   16v Mini Club Forums > General Public Area > Vauxhall Chat

Old 21-06-2013, 06:41 AM   #16
RedtopRio

Make: Vauxhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.P.E View Post
Welcome to the site matey, where abouts in merseyside are you from? I'm chester way but building a few xe's for lads your direction that's all. Won't go wrong with the 20xe, don't need much spending on them to make them quick.
Not far at all from mine I'm on the wirral! What is it you do? Im just in the process of buying bits for the valver while stil tuning the A series motor :/ why do I do it to myself!
RedtopRio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #17
RedtopRio

BUMP!!!

Another question think I have decided to stick to a small block. . Looking at the c16xe but having a look on the forum most people have the SE motors? Is there a reason for this? The xe must be a nightmare to convert to or something.

Last edited by RedtopRio; 17-07-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 17-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #18
Birdman

Subframe: Home Made
CC: 2000
ECU: Motronic 2.5 - Group N Chip

I think people go for the C16SE, but not sure maybe take a look at Ben h build diary. Whack some bike carbs on and off you go.
Old 17-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #19
Birdman

Subframe: Home Made
ECU: Motronic 2.5 - Group N Chip

Nicked from a very old thread:

e16se uses air flow meter, c16se uses MAP sensor
e16se uses dizzy, c16se uses a dispac
e16se has no lambda, c16se has lambda
Old 17-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #20
RedtopRio

Would probably be a C mate but could I get a c16xe without extending the front or would it have to be a SE?
Old 18-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #21
F.P.E

the c16xe would work, the 8v engines are easier to get adj dizzy for and so cheaper to put on carbs whereas the 16v units need megajolt or another form of standalone ignition system for the timing. 16v will unless far more power though.
F.P.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 09:19 AM   #22
RedtopRio

Quote:
the c16xe would work, the 8v engines are easier to get adj dizzy for and so cheaper to put on carbs whereas the 16v units need megajolt or another form of standalone ignition system for the timing. 16v will unless far more power though.
16xe I think then if it will fit under a standard round nose was thinking a startlet motor but be assed with the hassle of a turbo
Old 18-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #23
F.P.E

Also think of the heat and having to get rid of it also. Think nudger has a small block 16v engine in his, be worth a read of his thread. Shaft wise if needed some making rather than sleeving a local lad makes the for autograss, ment to be bullet proof as far as if you bend them, heat up, straighten and go again.

I went r1 carbs on my c16xe but I wouldn't go bigger than zx6rs or maybe even go for 40's, but bike carbs may give you abit more space due to design and angle they will sit at also.
Old 18-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #24
RedtopRio

Quote:
Also think of the heat and having to get rid of it also. Think nudger has a small block 16v engine in his, be worth a read of his thread. Shaft wise if needed some making rather than sleeving a local lad makes the for autograss, ment to be bullet proof as far as if you bend them, heat up, straighten and go again.

I went r1 carbs on my c16xe but I wouldn't go bigger than zx6rs or maybe even go for 40's, but bike carbs may give you abit more space due to design and angle they will sit at also.
Definitely getting on this bud I will have to do alot of reading up first would fzr 600 carbs work my mate has one lieing there for bits
Old 18-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #25
F.P.E

Yeah don't see why they wouldn't work, I'd def look into a bogg brothers inlet, for the cost there spot on, but ask for x16xe flange as a c16xe flange is huge and to make it work properly you would have to spend a fair bit on the head to port bore inlets too match otherwise air will be like hitting a brick wall where inlet/head bolt
Old 19-08-2013, 05:40 AM   #26
matt skidd

Subframe: AMT
ECU: Omex

hi bud a chap by me has a bog standard 16xe in his mini with standard injection and it runs 14's down the strip very nippy car
matt skidd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c20xe