16v Mini Club Forums  

Go Back   16v Mini Club Forums > General Public Area > Links

Old 15-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #16
benh

Subframe: Allspeed
CC: 1600
Make: Vauxhall

I think Weve got good numbers already for this.
Im going to head back a day early because iv got a pineapplepy nightshift to do but wanted to swing by into bruges aswell so looks like my return trips going to be a lonely one! Im with the g/f but thats why i have a stripped racer so we cant talk to each other !

I was saying to Matt that i only have a 19ltr fuel tank and im on bike carbs so do they have a few petrol stations on the ring! Im gonna sell that one and fit a newun, Otherwise il spend the trip plugged into a petrol station.
benh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #17
ad53ggz

Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1796
Make: Rover
ECU: rover until i can get some £
Send a message via MSN to ad53ggz

Quote:
Originally Posted by benh View Post
I think Weve got good numbers already for this.
Im going to head back a day early because iv got a pineapplepy nightshift to do but wanted to swing by into bruges aswell so looks like my return trips going to be a lonely one! Im with the g/f but thats why i have a stripped racer so we cant talk to each other !

I was saying to Matt that i only have a 19ltr fuel tank and im on bike carbs so do they have a few petrol stations on the ring! Im gonna sell that one and fit a newun, Otherwise il spend the trip plugged into a petrol station.

I like this!
ad53ggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 04:52 PM   #18
Kam

CC: 2000
Make: Honda
ECU: DTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by benh View Post
With a 1275 and a stage three kit and a standard mini tank (7.5 gallons??) I brimmed it at dover and that got me to belgium, brimmed it again and that got me to the 'ring

This was a solo trip I done so no convoy, nailed it pretty much all the way doing 80 to three figures constant between stops (think it was kmh officer honestly ) watching petrol needle moving kinda stuff driving......

Point is there was more than enough pit stops available along the way and out there to get you out of trouble, so my science theory is if you nail it you use more fuel

But, as I found out last time with the 1.6, science albeit expensive can be fun aswell on the motorways, especially when your mini has a roof rack and your making range rovers move over! pmsl
Old 20-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #19
benh

CC: 1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kam View Post
But, as I found out last time with the 1.6, science albeit expensive can be fun aswell on the motorways, especially when your mini has a roof rack and your making range rovers move over! pmsl
Haha yeh, i bet they had to take a double take to see you whizzing past! Solo trip all that distance, im worried that iv gotta do the same in sept

Iv followed the route on google maps and it looks alright, alot of straight long roads i noticed!
benh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 12:27 AM   #20
Kam

Take a nice comfy cushion, roads in belgium near the spa track are utter diabolical, france and germini are as smooth as ice

It was a lonely trip, bit scary and errrm quiet but still huge fun, people on european roads love the mini even when you fly past them
Old 27-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #21
racingmason

Subframe: Watson
CC: B18C6

Hi guys
Has the date been set for the trip yet
Cheers Lee
Old 27-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #22
mike174

CC: 1.4
ECU: Megajolt

yep cant remember off the top of my head but its early september details are on retrorun.co.uk

Mike
mike174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #23
mike174

1. How much does it cost?

The cost is a hard thing to say as it is different for everyone depending on their car. In a mini leaving with a full tank if fuel you will probably need to stop twice for fuel on the way there but depends on your car and your driving. The camping will cost 12 euros per day (not per night) and a drivers run pack is £30, a passenger run pack is £20. Depending on when you book your ferry it will be approximately £70 then the rest is spending money for food drink and laps.

2. What do I get in my run pack?

In an official runner drivers pack you get:
A T-shirt,
Run stickers,
2 magnetic (or if you require different please let us know) door plaques,
A contribution to the fire wood for the camp site and a donation to Macmillan cancer support.

A passenger run pack gets:
A T-shirt,
A contribution to the fire wood and a donation to Macmillan cancer support.

3. When is it?

The official run starts on Wednesday 5th September 2012 and returns Tuesday 11th September 2012.
However, a few runners (including some of the staff) are opting to stay in the hotel Etap in Charleroi on the night of the 11th and will be returning on the 12th. You need to decide whether you want to do this, or whether you want to drive all the way back from the campsite-Dunkirk-Ferry-home in one day. Decide this before you book your ferries if you can.

4. Am I retro?

Your car is classed as retro if it is any model of classic mini or "any mark of car, which was first released pre-1990". So this means that if your model of car was first made pre 1990, then your car is in. We can make exceptions for certain marks of cars.

5. I Like Cheese!

6. Will my car make it to Germany?

Most people agree that if your car is well maintained and in good order and used regularly then you shouldnt have any issues but most people take tools and you can get most spares you need there including mini parts from the local mini garage.

7. How do I book?
Firstly you need to fill out the application form found here: http://www.forums.retrorun.co.uk/Bla...1957_3558.pdf/ then you need to send your payment of £30 for the drivers run pack and £20 per passenger run pack to payments@retrorun.co.uk

8. How do I book my ferry?

You need to book your ferry with Norfolkline for 10:00 on 5th September from Dover to Dunkirk and depending on if you are staying an extra day and splitting the journey back either 14:01 on 11th September or 12:01 on 12th September. Also if you book through http://www.quidco.com you can get 7% cashback.
Retrorun FAQ

9. What do I need to drive through Europe?

You will need a high-vis for every one in the car (kept inside the car not in the boot at all times), Beam deflectors, a first aid kit, all of the documents for you and your car (passport, driving licence, MOT, insurance valid until you get home), a warning triangle. You also need to take out European Breakdown cover for the trip.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #24
the matt

CC: 1618
ECU: Canems
Send a message via MSN to the matt

Hiya, I didn't know this was up on here, so sorry for not responding. >_<

Email me on matt@retrorun.co.uk if you're interested. I'd love a load of 16v Minis on the run this year guys. We're looking like we are going to get a good few Minis this year TBH. All good!

Just need to get myself a second "eco-map" for the journey over there and add a switch for the ECU and I'm all good....apart from my new found oil leak and my brake overhaul that need sorting!
the matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #25
mike174

Hi Just a bump to say get signed up for the run now! looks like we will be having a lot of minis this year although obviously we still want more!

So far the runners are :
Kam (2.0 Honda VTEC Mini)
Mike174 (1.4 Rover K-series Clubby) with passenger
The Matt ™ (1.6 Vauxhall 16V Mini) with passenger
Lemmingzappa (Pug 205 GTi)
B-Shaw
Ben H (205 Rallye)
Rickmercs (1970 Cooper S)
Tahiti Joe (1993 Mini 1275)
Stocky (Mini)
Ben S (Mini Cooper)
MinikidX14© (Nova)

"Tag-alongs" (that I know of so far)
Lise
Mike's mate with a Mondeo
Val (Clio 182)
Sam H (205)
Sam S (205)
AaronD (Mini or Eunos)

Plus several more runners yet to sign up....

So now is the time to sign up ready to join us in September! Any questions just ask us.

Mike
Old 06-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #26
the matt

Another bump, it's looking good for Minis this year. We've got about 15 cars signed up so far (around 10 of them are minis from memory) and there's talk of a few more Minis too.

The more 16v Minis, the better. So far off here we've got:
Kam
AaronD (AD53GGZ)
Mike174
Benh (when he signs up)
The Matt (tm)

Would love it if more of you guys could sign up and show those German cars some British grit (OK, maybe not all with British engines).
Old 06-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #27
2lrMiniVan

ECU: weber alpha tbs

what about a good old Rover p6 3500 (v
would love to go but not sure if the campsite will still be running when i get back seeing as we still very busy that time of year.
2lrMiniVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #28
the matt

P6 would be cool. Yeah. If you can make it, that would be a great addition to the run...kinda like an uncle to all the Minis!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #29
2lrMiniVan

ECU: weber alpha tbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by the matt View Post
P6 would be cool. Yeah. If you can make it, that would be a great addition to the run...kinda like an uncle to all the Minis!
would be good will have to ask my dad if i can take it and then theres the fuel bill !!!!
2lrMiniVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #30
the matt

Yeah. 20mpg??

Take passengers, split fuel and ferry costs