16v Mini Club Forums  

Go Back   16v Mini Club Forums > Builds > Rover Builds

Old 26-06-2014, 02:17 PM   #16
InstantCustard

Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1.8
Make: Rover
ECU: Emerald K6

It goes to show what they think of their own work if they're not willing to take it on.
I'd definitely look at getting the van hooked up to the ECU, I used to run mine from a switch and it's one less thing to worry about knowing the ECU is looking after it instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardonfast View Post
Haz obviously don't like custard , my Mrs spits it out to!
I love it
InstantCustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2014, 06:18 PM   #17
CooperWorks

Subframe: Allspeed
CC: 1.8VVC
ECU: Mems 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstantCustard View Post
It goes to show what they think of their own work if they're not willing to take it on.
I'd definitely look at getting the van hooked up to the ECU, I used to run mine from a switch and it's one less thing to worry about knowing the ECU is looking after it instead.
I must admit I thought this odd, but put it down to my insistence that my car got restored to immaculate standard. My three clock dash has dislodged itself during the accident which I pointed out, and I believe they just don't want to touch a customised car.
The Insurance firm are sending round another panel beater tomorrow, fingers crossed this one doesn't jib out, but they have said if I want to get quotes etc etc
Get me back on the road.
CooperWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2014, 06:23 PM   #18
ardonfast

Subframe: AMT
CC: 2000
Make: Vauxhall
ECU: dizzy/webers

Lol garv don't say out you frightened the life out of the mush,lol,
Let them do it and complane after, good thing is there almost guaranteed to be almost good,lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3JhaTwP7uuk
ardonfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2014, 06:50 PM   #19
AGoaty

Subframe: Watson
CC: 1796
ECU: Standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooperWorks View Post
I must admit I thought this odd, but put it down to my insistence that my car got restored to immaculate standard. My three clock dash has dislodged itself during the accident which I pointed out, and I believe they just don't want to touch a customised car.
The Insurance firm are sending round another panel beater tomorrow, fingers crossed this one doesn't jib out, but they have said if I want to get quotes etc etc
Get me back on the road.
My wife's Audi just has been repaired through a non fault accident. It was all done in a week.

I assume the car is still drivable? It doesn't look to affect the suspension or wheels.

On the plus side of all these little drama's, the more I'm using mine and keep improving little things as I go it has made it drive better and more reliable too. Hope you keep using it. Might get to see it for real at MITP...

p.s. I don't regret not buying this as I would of ruined it by now. My Mini gets too much abuse for such a nice car.
Old 26-06-2014, 06:53 PM   #20
CooperWorks

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardonfast View Post
Lol garv don't say out you frightened the life out of the mush,lol,
Let them do it and complane after, good thing is there almost guaranteed to be almost good,lol
Perhaps you are right m8 . All I know is my car was mint before the bump and I want it returning that way.
Old 26-06-2014, 07:02 PM   #21
ardonfast

they aint half good in pro boddy shops to be honist, im sure thers bad storys but there at it all day , they will get a new boot and lense and put 1 or 2 clamps on your bumper plate and tug it out smoothly, 2 days tops
Old 26-06-2014, 08:50 PM   #22
CooperWorks

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoaty View Post
My wife's Audi just has been repaired through a non fault accident. It was all done in a week.

I assume the car is still drivable? It doesn't look to affect the suspension or wheels.

On the plus side of all these little drama's, the more I'm using mine and keep improving little things as I go it has made it drive better and more reliable too. Hope you keep using it. Might get to see it for real at MITP...

p.s. I don't regret not buying this as I would of ruined it by now. My Mini gets too much abuse for such a nice car.
It is drivable yes. I have superglued the off side light lens together as a short term fix - up until the over heating problem By the time mini in the park comes round she'll be better than ever. fingers crossed
Old 27-06-2014, 07:53 AM   #23
smilerb

CC: 1600
ECU: Will be standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooperWorks View Post
Perhaps you are right m8 . All I know is my car was mint before the bump and I want it returning that way.
Keep pushing on the insurance front, I was involved in an accident in my self built Cobra kit car (not my fault some idiot in a mini drove into me!!). The insurance company arranged for the car to go back to the factory to have a new body fitted. I was not at all happy with the car when I got it back (7 weeks) I got the insurance assessor back and we wrote four pages of problems and things I wasn’t happy with, loose windscreen mountings bolts, missing seat mounting bolts, earth cables not made off correctly etc The insurance company paid me £4k to put it right

Gavin
smilerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2014, 04:48 PM   #24
CooperWorks

Radiator fan looks shagged to me. Nothing wrong with any connection either end, and the propeller does not spin freely when pushed which suggests to me it is knackered. I'm just going to replace like with like with my limited skills and lean on you expert types on linking in on ECU when I'm at Santa Pod in August
Old 30-06-2014, 06:40 PM   #25
PHILBISHOP

CC: 1800
Default rad

got a universel fan last week off ebay 20 quid fixing kit pick your size 2 and half inch from front to back job done,came next day
PHILBISHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2014, 08:26 PM   #26
gadget555

Subframe: Watson
CC: 1800
ECU: K maps 160 Race

Wish I had done the same Phil, as I bought mine from Burton power it took nearly a week to come and no fitting kit, but I'm pleased with it doesn't arf shift some amount of air
http://www.burtonpower.com/parts-by-...type-0193.html
gadget555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:20 PM   #27
CooperWorks

Thumbs up

Good news. The fan problem was just the wiring. There was a connection that had got wet and looked a mess. I've moved the relay a tad to a better position, cleaned up the connection and we are up and running again. Time to see if I can get it running from the ECU.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:00 PM   #28
CooperWorks

I've refitted the dash to stabilise the clocks but I am far from happy with how they sit now. I would have tried to alter this this weekend but I managed to stab myself with a screwdriver in my loft yesterday and my left hand is up like a balloon. Anti B's for the next 5 days to clear the infection.
The good news is the latest panel beater is up for the job. He picks the car up a week on Tuesday and then drops her back 8th August - the day before I drive down to MITP. I'm on my jollies again so I just have to trust him - he knows his stuff.
I was thinking about getting an enclosed air filter before MITP, but am undecided whether to do this after so as to get a before and after engine upgrades....... The choices we have to put up with
Old 19-07-2014, 08:33 PM   #29
CooperWorks

I've been offered the choice of a genuine open backed frame boot or a 'sealed one" ? that is not open to water problems.
Everything I have screams genuine, am I right?
Old 20-07-2014, 12:17 PM   #30
ardonfast

It don't make any difference realy,the closed boot is handy when driving around with boot open carrying stuff that won't fit in the boot, but I can't see you doing that,lol heps not dinting the outer side
I beleve the open boot has a rubber that sits around the body and the closed boot has a somewhat awkward affair that sits around the boot it's self, they been known to be a pain when the clips deteareaght,

Last edited by ardonfast; 20-07-2014 at 12:20 PM.

Tags
lotus power