16v Mini Club Forums  

Go Back   16v Mini Club Forums > Classifieds > For Sale

Old 29-12-2017, 05:54 PM   #1
minis84

Send a message via MSN to minis84
Default Complete Allspeed Vauxhall small block conversion with 0 miles C16SE engine - Derby

Hi,

It's been a long time since I've posted on here. Back in 2006 I built a C16SE engined Clubman and enjoyed it for several years before selling it in 2010 (regretted it ever since!). A friend of mine really wanted a similar car so he spent some time amassing the parts required to complete a similar conversion on his carbon fibre Mini Sprint. He then got married and bought a house and passed the parts on to me with the idea that I could do the conversion for him. However he has now changed direction with the project and wants to go electric so the complete conversion is now for sale in order to help fund the electric kit. The parts are as follows:

- Zero miles C16SE engine bought direct from Vauxhall

- Low mileage F15 diesel gearbox

- New Allspeed Vauxhall small block subframe kit with:
- Small block subframe
- Rose jointed bottom arms
- Rose jointed tie rods
- Allspeed C16SE driveshafts
- All engine mounts including additional fourth mount

- C16SE inlet manifold cut ready to reverse (needs TIG welding)

- C16SE engine wiring loom and ECU, 95/98 module and coilpack.

- Vauxhall gear lever selector

- C16SE exhaust manifold and downpipe

- C16SE alternator and rear of block water pipe along with various other odds and ends

- New LUK clutch kit with concentric hydraulic slave cylinder.

The engine and subframe etc are ZERO miles. The subframe has been mounted to the shell so its a little dusty but has been protected with blue masking tape. There are some storage marks. The gearbox is low miles (not sure how many but its clean) and the rest of the bits are of unknown heritage but assumed to be all functional unless otherwise stated.

The only thing that the conversion hasn't got is the bulkhead box and the tunnel gear selector mount. This is because we didn't want to cut the carbon bulkhead of the Sprint to accommodate the selector mechanism and planned on devising another solution. Similarly with the gear selector mount, we planned on devising different brackets to suit the lower profile of the Sprint.

This is the ideal conversion for someone not looking for massive power but a nice reliable 100-ish bhp with decent economy. There is obviously still some work required and its not 100% bolt in (biggest thing is probably going to be getting the inlet manifold welded up) but it's pretty close.

I'll get some pictures over the next few days of everything but I just wanted to get this post up and see if there's any interest.

The price is 2000 firm. We've discussed this at length and feel its pretty fair given the cost of everything combined in particular the near 1000 original purchase price of the C16SE engine. The only additional things to get this running will be a radiator and hoses, some inner CV joints and the bulkhead box/gear selector mount (which are available from Allspeed for a combined cost of 36).

Collection is preferred from my workshop in Derbyshire, postcode DE7, although delivery within the UK can be arranged if necessary.

Thanks and pictures to follow shortly.

Tom

Last edited by minis84; 02-01-2018 at 08:10 PM.
minis84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:04 PM   #2
minis84

Thanks to Photobucket going south I don’t know where else to host images so I’ve listed the conversion on Gumtree with some pictures there. Please have a look at the link:

C16SE Conversion on Gumtree

Thanks
Tom

Last edited by minis84; 20-01-2018 at 11:13 AM.
Old 20-01-2018, 11:11 AM   #3
minis84

Price drop to 1900 and now listed on eBay. It's got to go!

C16SE Conversion on eBay

Last edited by minis84; 20-01-2018 at 11:14 AM.