16v Mini Club Forums  

Go Back   16v Mini Club Forums > 16v Mini Sprint > 16v Mini Sprint Chat

Old 20-06-2014, 09:57 AM   #46
bill2b

CC: 2000
ECU: unlocked one

Mr G

Quote:
Seeing as Bill hasn't replied I'll give my view.
Arrived at 8.30 only to be told to sign on at 9.15. Drivers briefing was at 9.45 and first on track was 10am.
Did 3 practice runs and 2 timed runs before lunch. A couple of minor incidents including a silver BMW which exploded next to the main caravan.
After lunch another 3 practice runs and 2 timed sessions. A bike engined Mini broke the main drive chain on track causing Bill to announce this via megaphone. Finished at 3.30 and then had free play time until 4pm.
Still waiting for timing sheet...

I see now, this was "Banter", sounded like both barrels being let off at me straight away.
Your report on the first Barkston looks like you did not have a happy day.
Signing on was delayed as the coordinator is doing it now, the first event was always going to take a bit longer with new people registering.
While you were waiting you could have made the effort to read the regs of which there are copies in the signing on caravan, if you had asked I could have shown you them.
I was unaware that you were kept waiting for 15 minutes but I find it a surprise if it was all down to me and not a timing issue. You were in a shared car in the shared car queue, we let the shared cars go first to each round then get onto the single drivers, after their runs the shared cars swap drivers and join the queue, if a car has more than 3 drivers they are given priority mid round then they swap to their third driver, Then the second and third drivers wait until near the end of the round and are let through then. They can now do their runs and then virtually join the queue for the next round without changing numbers, straps etc., and will be let out first.
Its how we always try to do it at Barkston and have had no complaints till now, The way the track is being run now due to the flying issues we use the same gate for both directions, we only allow a couple of cars through at any one time, perhaps this may have delayed your progress onto track?
I'm sorry if you believe Myself or Gordon the deputy kept you waiting on purpose but this was not the case.

Quote:
When I joined last year I thought it would of helped you with my email address on the form or sending them via a PM.
Not quite sure what you mean here, but I did send the entry forms and Regs out to everyone on my mailing list, this is my own doing and I am not responsible for this, Myself and Sumo the timekeeper work hard to encourage new members and keep what we have, if it was left to the RAF you would not have these events.
I do not see the entry forms at all, that is the coordinators job, he should have sent out the forms to all the registered members, have you registered with him this year? His email address is on the paperwork if you wish to ask him anything.

Shame that it appears you have got the wrong impression about the event, nobody was ignoring you, the gate opens up the same time for everyone, everyone has to wear fire proof clothing, everyone else has to wait to go out.
Everyone is supposed to read the regs, and everyone even people who have not read the regs should be aware not to speed past the organisers in the paddock area. When they do they get told end of story.
The tannoys are a bit of fun which most people seem to enjoy, don't worry I get as good as I give out and more.
I am the Clark of the Course, I am not responsible for supplying people with the timings, reports etc. etc. I think what I do is quite enough thank you
Have a look at the next two pictures, this was what I was doing on Saturday afternoon, and after that we set up the venue ready for the next days event.
I don't feel I need to do a report on the day as well.

Its up to you if you wish to come back, you will be more than welcome, You would not have much luck with Javelin anyway as they no longer do Barkston
Regards
Bill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (25.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (29.4 KB, 18 views)
bill2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2014, 10:00 AM   #47
bill2b

ATC Cadets build car trap sentry post on last chicane
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (25.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 20-06-2014, 10:02 AM   #48
bill2b

Barkson knocks it down, this was a bloody long job
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (29.4 KB, 18 views)
Old 20-06-2014, 06:32 PM   #49
Andy_S

Subframe: AMT
CC: 1998
Make: Vauxhall
ECU: Megasquirt ... kinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoaty View Post
This is quite obviously a personal issue now so it has made my decision not to attend any more easier.
Bill picks on everyone who drives a Mini in a fair and even handed manner so I'd be surprised if he is giving you any 'special' naughty boy treatment.

For me it's very much part of the entertainment when we Mini folks bare the brunt of Bills feigned wrath & I'd be mightily disappointed if this were to change.

The RAFMSA have to enforce rules which lean partly towards the MSA's needs and partly towards the RAF's needs otherwise they aren't allowed to hold their events. This means that some of the rules can be a bit odd-ball and so everyone needs to be familiar with the regs.

In life we aren't handed a booklet which tells us all the rules but as grown ups we need to ensure that we are following them never-the-less.
Andy_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2014, 01:33 PM   #50
AGoaty

Subframe: Watson
CC: 1796
Make: Rover
ECU: Standard

I'm sorry Bill if this comes across badly and take it back about being personal. I just can't understand the concept of someone who hates Mini's, running an event which has so many Mini's attend, on a Mini forum.

I can also assure you I don't ever go "both barrels being let off at me straight away" with anyone. I treat all these forums as banter.

I hope you all enjoy the July event as it looks to be a good event. I'm still not coming though, sorry.
Old 21-06-2014, 01:48 PM   #51
PaulW

Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1800cc
Make: Other
ECU: Megasquirt MX5 Pnp

Quote:
I'm sorry Bill if this comes across badly and take it back about being personal. I just can't understand the concept of someone who hates Mini's, running an event which has so many Mini's attend, on a Mini forum.

I can also assure you I don't ever go "both barrels being let off at me straight away" with anyone. I treat all these forums as banter.

I hope you all enjoy the July event as it looks to be a good event. I'm still not coming though, sorry.
Your the only one who is making a point of "Bill hating mini's" and you seem to take this serious.

I wish you would attend the next event in July because i can guarantee that you wouldn't get any grief on the loud hailer, why?..........most it would be coming my way. Although most of the time i can't understand what the old raspberry is saying just don't tell him

Paul
PaulW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2014, 02:05 PM   #52
ardonfast

Subframe: AMT
Make: Vauxhall
ECU: dizzy/webers

The wonderfully world of typing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3JhaTwP7uuk
ardonfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2014, 07:11 PM   #53
bill2b

Andrew
Paul is right you are the one who is claiming I hate Mini's this is definitely not right, In fact the second best car I have ever driven round Barky is Paul W's Green Mini, it was a blast, not as much fun as my 205GTi of course but hey ho.

We always have a good turn out of the Mini clan and quite frankly they are the club who are the biggest attendees. We have a good social side as well, I will never stop reminding PaulW about him being the first one I had to bollock for missing all the Red flags around the course, Mike Cole did something naughty and I had to tell him, The Smurthwaits are always breaking down, Big Jim used to lose wheels, Mike C again holds the record for the longest holdup and the longest oil slick. Shaun just rabbits on about nothing (bless him) and I think lots will remember my famous tannoy "Attention paddock, attention paddock, who owns the kid on a bike?, Who owns the kid on a bike who is peddling out of bounds". Great fun and caused a lot of merriment at the expense of the Mini crowd who owned said kid.

I enjoy the banter on the 16v forum and have met some really good friends from it as well as providing a good sprint series for many people.
Its a shame you don't want to come any more but whatever those who do attend will have a cracking event as usual, so its your loss.
Cheers
Bill
Old 21-06-2014, 07:51 PM   #54
apbellamy

ECU: SC Typhoon

Paul's car made it round a whole lap in one go?
seat mounting should not be taken lightly, nor should a rat trying to get up your trouser leg doing 50,m,p,h, all of a suden your nUts become more important,
apbellamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2014, 08:11 PM   #55
bill2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by apbellamy View Post
Paul's car made it round a whole lap in one go?
2 laps actually
Old 21-06-2014, 08:27 PM   #56
AGoaty

Subframe: Watson
CC: 1796
Make: Rover
ECU: Standard

I hope this is cleared up now then. I don't want any bad feelings. I have read the regs now and will follow them to the letter. Hopefully then we'll all get along fine, I'll tell Kyle too.

I'm not saying I'm never going to attend, just not this one in July.

The megaphone I'll just take as light hearted banter in future.

p.s. I might even let you have a go in my Mini if that helps to get the "Bill's best car" award...
Old 21-06-2014, 08:39 PM   #57
bill2b

Quote:
p.s. I might even let you have a go in my Mini if that helps to get the "Bill's best car" award...
I'm not that fond of Minis .

Glad to hear it see you when I see you.
Bill
Old 22-06-2014, 06:31 AM   #58
PaulW

Quote:
I'll tell Kyle too.
Fuck that, chuck a copy of the regs at him and tell him to read them. You don't take the flack if he messes up......the yoof of today

I suppose i had better read the regs now hadn't i

Paul
Old 30-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #59
grantham8

Quote:
Still waiting for timing sheet...

If you want the times then I have a copy but cannot post them as a pic

so pm me --I will send them on and you can post them up .

Terry ---slower driver in the yellow rover !! BUT quicker than Bill
grantham8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2014, 04:31 PM   #60
PaulW

Blimey Terry what are you doing here. I hope you wiped your feet before you came in?