16v Mini Club Forums  

Go Back   16v Mini Club Forums > 16v Mini Sprint > 16v Mini Sprint Chat

Old 23-04-2010, 05:15 AM   #1
PaulW

Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1800cc
Make: Other
ECU: Megasquirt MX5 Pnp
Default Olivers Mount 1st/2nd May (updated)

Well the countdown has begun to another years racing! well for the mortals anyway, as i'm sure Mr McD has done 10 races this year already

For the 1st time in a year i'm not off 1st out of the group, that honour goes to Geoff

When are we arriving this year then? I'm off all next week and was thinking of going over on the Friday night to set up again. Was hoping to sneak in the top end of the paddock again. This i believe is now all hard standing? Going to be fun if your trying to pitch a tent.....best bring a masonry drill When is everyone else getting there?

Paul

Last edited by PaulW; 27-04-2010 at 09:32 AM.
PaulW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 07:26 AM   #2
spNOam

CC: 1998
Make: Vauxhall
ECU: Tweaked DTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulW View Post
Well the countdown has begun to another years racing! well for the mortals anyway, as i'm sure Mr McD has done 10 races this year already

For the 1st time in a year i'm not off 1st out of the group, that honour goes to Geoff

When are we arriving this year then? I'm off all next week and was thinking of going over on the Friday night to set up again. Was hoping to sneak in the top end of the paddock again. This i believe is now all hard standing? Going to be fun if your trying to pitch a tent.....best bring a masonry drill When is everyone else getting there?

Paul
I'll be setting off just before lunch on Friday, its a good 5hrs without a car on a trailer, camping.... looks like i'll need some bricks to hold things down
spNOam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 08:04 AM   #3
PaulW

Quote:
Originally Posted by spNOam View Post
I'll be setting off just before lunch on Friday, its a good 5hrs without a car on a trailer, camping.... looks like i'll need some bricks to hold things down
There is a camp site at the top of the hill but it blummin hard walk to get back up to

paul
Old 23-04-2010, 08:17 AM   #4
Andy_S

Subframe: AMT
ECU: Megasquirt ... kinda

I'll be heading over after work on Friday ........ unless I blag a days holiday.

You need to keep the Morgans & Austin Seven's off our usual patch, so best you take your boxing gloves.
Andy_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 08:21 AM   #5
PaulW

i can't remember if we got a paddock map of where we are supposed to park. Not that we ever have parked where we were supposed to mind.
Old 23-04-2010, 11:58 AM   #6
Richard

CC: 1800
Make: Rover
ECU: Emerald

We will be camping (in a tent) on Fri night. I will hopefully have that day as a holiday so should be there early evening.
Bit of a raspberry if we can't pitch a tent in our usual place, I wonder if the tent can be erected on the car trailer??
R
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 12:05 PM   #7
Andy_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
We will be camping (in a tent) on Fri night. I will hopefully have that day as a holiday so should be there early evening.
Bit of a raspberry if we can't pitch a tent in our usual place, I wonder if the tent can be erected on the car trailer??
R
It won't take up more room than my big scruffy Iveco van so can't see why not.
Old 23-04-2010, 12:42 PM   #8
picKup

CC: 1796
ECU: rover
Send a message via Yahoo to picKup

I can lend you my 3 man pop up tent which will stand on concrete! Just get some of those BIG red batteries in it to weigh it down!
picKup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 11:25 PM   #9
Mark D

CC: lots
Make: Honda
ECU: DTA

last year i rang auto 66 and asked if that area could be reserved for us and i was told that it would be fine. When i got there early to go and bag it there was a single brain celled car park attendent saying "Sorry it's not what the map says". When i went to seek Pete Hillerby he said he could remember the request but forgot who it was for but still said it was ok and had to speak to mr single cell to allow us up there. So you may be lucky to get up there again if mr single cell is on the gate.
Old 26-04-2010, 02:23 PM   #10
spNOam

Hope you guys had a good (successful) days testing at Barky, best I could manage was the loan of some 'trade plates' for a quick spin...only to find out my brakes are binding....so after trying to sort I gave up and have ordered a 5/8 master cylinder, so car in bits (again) and sods law, I picked up a nail in one of the tyres.
Old 26-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #11
Andy_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by spNOam View Post
Hope you guys had a good (successful) days testing at Barky, best I could manage was the loan of some 'trade plates' for a quick spin...only to find out my brakes are binding....so after trying to sort I gave up and have ordered a 5/8 master cylinder, so car in bits (again) and sods law, I picked up a nail in one of the tyres.
Cock!!! Are you burning the midnight oil to get the brakes sorted? Kinda important that the brakes work as the first two corners at Ollivers Mt are hairpins. (second one braking from over 100mph)

We had a good time 'testing' (racing) ......... Richard was the best at testing on the moring by a good second, but we didn't see our afternoon times which is a nuisance.

All the race Minis got home safe & sound, but Mike's Pick-up seems to have had a big problem on the way home & ended up being AA'd.
Old 26-04-2010, 03:03 PM   #12
Richard

CC: 1800
ECU: Emerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_S View Post
We had a good time 'testing' (racing) ......... Richard was the best at testing on the moring by a good second, but we didn't see our afternoon times which is a nuisance.
An interesting day with the track very wet initially but drying out rapidly.
What Andy modestly fails to mention is that in the 2nd afternoon practice run he was almost 2 second faster than me
His new Avon slicks (and his driving) are awesome.
I await the final times with trepidation, I think he thrashed me.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 03:31 PM   #13
Andy_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Andy's new Avon slicks (and not his driving) are awesome.
Proper slicks are a whole new driving experience which require bravery beyond my normal driving style. On the second run on slicks I managed to get in a bit of a panic cos things were happening too fast & even had to use my inhaler when I got back to the paddock (what a fairy.)

My afternoon 'second practice' time was quick too, until I got home and looked at last years times ............ and none of us were any quicker.
Old 26-04-2010, 04:01 PM   #14
mininut

Subframe: Other
ECU: Trionic 5.5

Quote:
My afternoon 'second practice' time was quick too, until I got home and looked at last years times ............ and none of us were any quicker.
I would say that's because you haven't driven it in anger since last year

I'm dreading when mine hits the road, brown trousers moments all over again! and what makes it worse is that i can see now !

M.
mininut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #15
spNOam

Quote:
Cock!!! Are you burning the midnight oil to get the brakes sorted? Kinda important that the brakes work as the first two corners at Ollivers Mt are hairpins. (second one braking from over 100mph)
Can't get any spares till tomorrow, will be very different to previous setup so will be driving carefully at OM