Go Back   16v Mini Club Forums > Builds > Vauxhall Builds

Old 02-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #16
knoxy

Subframe: Allspeed
CC: 1600
Make: Vauxhall
ECU: standard
Send a message via MSN to knoxy

well christmas came a little early today for me, thanks to my parents, when this finally arrived in work.

thanks to tom (cookie64) he took it from work to the garage on the back of his landy

anyway here it is trialed up against the estate

thanks to tony at abs for sorting it out so quickly.
knoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #17
knoxy

well after pulling my finger out yesterday guess what the engine fits

there's still welding work to be done but that can be done on the deck now instead of the stand.
the standard injection system will fit so long as i can move the throttle body as thats where the 4th mount is but im thinking of getting a mantzel style box for it anyway i was hoping to use the standard mini tandem cylinder but it is just touching the back of the manifold im thinking now about running something like allspeeds pedal box thingy that puts the servo onto the passenger side.

the underside of the load bay has been painted and stone chipped ready for the rear frame to go back in when its ready.

im also looking at getting a custom tank sorted to take the original corsa fuel pump to avoid using more pumps and swirl pots etc. we'll see how it goes.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #18
revingtosh

CC: 1600cc
ECU: Standard

This looks like its gonna be a monster when its finished Mike!

With any luck we'll be giving each other a run for our money. Ive acquired a set of dbilas throttle bodies and a group A head for mine.

Nice build diary though, factual, concise and to the point, unlike certain other ones on this forum

Mike
revingtosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #19
knoxy

Cheers mike. An your on. Lol

I'll have to get over sometime an take a look at your brake setup. Are you still running the servo on the passenger side?

Although I don't like servos it looks like this is the way to go with the limited space behind the manifold.
Old 13-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #20
Owen

Subframe: Other
CC: 1998
Make: Other
ECU: Stock
Send a message via MSN to Owen

Looking good! That front end looks bad ass
Old 14-12-2011, 05:08 PM   #21
knoxy

cheers matey, gotta love abs styling.
Old 14-12-2011, 07:18 PM   #22
mturbo23

CC: 1598

Hi knoxy looks like you are making good progress.

I have also done an x16xe conversion and thought this might be useful to you. With regard to the master cylinder clearance on mine I decided it was too tight (couple of mm if that). I opted for the Allspeed conversion but was not happy with it. I found there was a fair bit of play in it all. In the end I got an OBP pedal box (wouldn't recommend see other posts!) but if I was to do it again I would try and modify the standard setup. Might be worth a try?

I also ditched the top 1/2 of the inlet manifold for one of the mantzel style ones of ebay like you suggested. This worked well allowing me to put the air filter in the inner wing and use the 4th mount. One thing to note however is that the mantzel style inlet on mine came further back towards the bulkhead than the standard item so there was even less room for the cylinders.

Keep it up!
mturbo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 07:33 PM   #23
knoxy

hi thanks for that,

i had thought about putting 10-15mm spacer on the pedal box bolts and modding the bulkhead to get the brake cylinder in. im using cable clutch so thats no issues as geoff has given me an idea from his racer about this.

im bidding on a box on ebay now so will see how that turns out, also the guy who makes them has said he will make one the otherway round if i wanted it.

do you have a build thread of yours or pictures of how everything fits?

all advice is appreciated. cheers
Old 14-12-2011, 11:48 PM   #24
mturbo23

CC: 1598

Hi sounds like you have got a good plan there then.

I dont have a build diary but there is a pic of mine on this post http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26688

Mines the red one at the bottom. Its all very tight but does fit!

I still need to do some work on mine but am very happy with the conversion after driving it for a while now.
mturbo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 03:02 PM   #25
philster

Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1998
ECU: Megajolt + bikecarbs

I have a spare pedal box so plan on mounting it a couple of inches further back then modding the bulkhead to take it so I can use the standard masters
philster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #26
Body Stylist

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxy View Post
well christmas came a little early today for me, thanks to my parents, when this finally arrived in work.

thanks to tony at abs for sorting it out so quickly.
no problem, did it arrive with the brown tape on, or have you resealed it?

can only be www.absmotorsport.net
Body Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #27
knoxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Stylist View Post
no problem, did it arrive with the brown tape on, or have you resealed it?
it came fully sealed i had the lads in our stores check it was intact when it arrived after it went missing for the day. we re taped it as didn't fancy it blowing open whilst on the back of the landy.
Old 16-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #28
knoxy

well did a little it last night.

i've cut down the selector and positioned it but i need to cut another 10-15mm out of the bulkhead hole to allow it pass through.

i've tied in all the pipe work for the cooling system it looked like it should all be good until i tried to refit the front when i left an i couldnt push the front back as far as it was going due to the rad sitting too far forward so may need some alternative rad solutions.

i've also taken a look at where to fit the alternator now this is going to be tight i know this but has anyone tried to fit there alternator in front of the engine with success with out it pushing out the front panel. mturbo23 how was yours fitted??? i don't fancy the idea of hanging it out in front of the wheel if i can help it.

the allspeed brace bars are mounted to the subby an look like they will fit nicely above the shocker mounts.

the final thing i looked at was the brake cylinder situation i can move the cylinder back 10-15mm with a bot of modding of the bulkhead but then when rummaging round the selection of car spares we have i came across a mk2 golf brake bar to take the pedal from the right to the servo on the left. this has needle rollers in each end so i may look into modding this to fit the mini servo an use an adjustable push rod.

heres the pics anyway

Old 02-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #29
knoxy

bit of an update, not done much over xmas had a bit of a bad back.

just before xmas i had chance to recon the two radius arms an what a raspberry the brass bush is to get out.

managed to get down there today an fit the new inlet manifold top piece that i got off ebay over xmas aswell. it should give a bot more power ;D i have just got to remember where all the vac hoses went from when i removed the engine

before

after

and the biggest jump today has been the fitting of the new scuttle panel that i have been putting off doing for awhile. but between me an tom who's 16valver project is sat next to mine we lined up the panel an clamped it all down. having the giant pipe grips helped too, saves moving the mole grips every time just meant tom got a suntan every time he gripped the panels.

hopefully a bit more progress tomorrow.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #30
william_clubman

Subframe: Home Made
CC: 2000

look good mate i got clubman estate aswell
william_clubman is offline   Reply With Quote