16v Mini Club Forums  

Go Back   16v Mini Club Forums > Builds > Honda Builds

Old 11-09-2018, 05:42 PM   #1
holmesy

Subframe: Other
CC: 1800
Make: Honda
ECU: Hondata
Default Mini30 B18c4 (Fixed Steel Front)

Right you'll have to stick with me guys this might be a slow thread due to working in Iraq on a 4week rotation but I do aim to get the car running for IMM 2019. You might of seen Xiartin's b18 project just started as well to this and is due to us both taking on these projects together and will be helping each other as we go since we are local and mostly down the pub together.

Right... the plan!
Fixed steel front with the b18c4 squeezed in there with a KJB subframe.
Engine mods will for now just be exhaust system/inlet manifold/hondata s300/ TTV 3.6kg flywheel with standard clutch.
Interior i'm not sure but i would quite like to use an original autoplas dash i have laying around and i will be making my full car loom from scratch.
Suspension i will be using my current Gaz shocks, Dsn solid mounts all round, Mini-spares adjustable rose jointed bottom arm and tie rods and hopefully my mini-spares race cones.
Brakes will be some uprated shoes and alloy drums, fronts i still have a brand new set of minisport 8.4" 4pots that i bought 5 years ago in the box, maybe splash out of a pair of their alloy hubs as well.
holmesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 09:37 AM   #2
holmesy

Right having gotten my dead 1310 out at my previous home and then dry stored the car i thought its time to bring her home and get cracking.

some rust up under the scuttle so will take whole bay back to bare metal and respray gloss black.

Mine & Xiartin's KJB subframes turned up:

Then went and picked up a B18c4 with s9b box and running gear:

will be a few weeks till im back home and get some proper updates posted up again unfortunately guys.

Last edited by holmesy; 12-09-2018 at 09:45 AM. Reason: pics didnt show
Old 20-10-2018, 08:50 AM   #3
holmesy

Right after kicking Xiartin out with his bloody loom I could slowly get on with the bodywork on mine.

A few parts turned up. A new ttv 3.5kg flywheel then the China bits started coming. Fake skunk2 inlet/TB and plug cover, an a red anodized gear stick and some blox cam verniers. I'm keeping with my previous style which was black with red unfortunately half on the nice red anodized parts have been removed.

Pulled up the frame and drilled the lower mounts.

Last couple of days have been I've refurbished the top arms with new bushes/pins. Then modified the rose-jointed ties to be adjustable on car and used proper heavy duty rosejoints.

That's pretty much it for a few days. I've dropped the frame out and will build it up with the suspension. I've slacks for a few days as I've been trying to iron out a few things on the GTR and getting ready for track day on Monday.