16v Mini Club Forums  

Go Back   16v Mini Club Forums > Builds > Honda Builds

Old 18-10-2018, 10:44 PM   #61
1994alex

Subframe: Allspeed
CC: 1800
Make: Honda
ECU: Omex

I think I have gone for innovative 70A I hope I’ve ordered the right ones as it’s such a mind f*ck trying to work out what I need with different engine mounts and gearbox mounts
1994alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 06:20 AM   #62
fynnbar

Subframe: SAE
CC: 1595
ECU: Standard obd1-P30

Well, all B-series gearbox mounts are the same iirc. Then there's either a 2- or 3-bolt mount on the timing belt side.
Front and rear torque mounts are usually custom for a Mini, so you may not be able to use the rear mount that comes with the kit
fynnbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 09:14 AM   #63
1994alex

I was thinking this with regards to rear one I think I have one of the crv rear gearbox mounts so fingers crosssed that it’ll fit
Old 19-10-2018, 11:14 AM   #64
Oz

Subframe: Other
ECU: DTA

I thought the CRV gearbox mounts were totally different ?

Minitecs AWD conversions include an adapter plate so you could use a CRV box with B series mounts, it might be worth looking in to something like that if you want to keep the poly mounts

Build Thread - Standard Round Nose with K series subframe build begun
Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 04:51 PM   #65
GEORDIE SP1

ECU: Standard

As per OZ, CRV Gearbox mount is different as itís based on the H/F type Gearbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GEORDIE SP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2018, 12:09 AM   #66
1994alex

I think I have got a crv gearbox mount will have to check, I did think when ordering it might not fit, i need to cut the allspeed frame anyway for the prop shaft and gearbox anyway so will have w look when I’m putting it together.
Old 20-10-2018, 10:09 AM   #67
1994alex

So after briefly skim reading my thread it appears I havenít updated it as much as I had though with moving along with what I have done....
So with regards to the rear frame I have knocked out the old poly bushes on the hubs and replaced them with new ones and bolted them up to the frame. The diff has also been aligned as best as it can be for the moment as it may need to move again when it comes to the prop shaft fitting. Also I have had a set of custom driveshafts made for the rear as well, I havenít fitted them as of yet as Iím waiting for a tool to fit them, the rear frame is virtually complete I just need to work out brakes ideally Iíd like uprated ones over the mx5 callipers but I suppose they may have to do if anyone has got any ideas on what to use it would be greatly appreciated?

Also I have had the allspeed bottom tiebars delivered last month I believe as well.

Finally yesterday the force racing titanium top arms turned up, Iíve got to say that the weight of them is next to nothing!

Iíll let the pictures do the talking

Old 24-10-2018, 07:06 PM   #68
1994alex

So a very small update i guess itís just a dry fitting of the front suspension just seeing how it looks, it was more out of boredom then anything and looking at shiny things!

So the force racing titanium top mounts these are extremely light itís ridiculous!

If anyone could help with the washers (I donít think that is the correct word) third one from the right after the nut the large one, could anyone explain what they are for? As they do not fit into the top arm? Maybe they are for the subframe?

Dry fitting of top arms, lower arms, hubs flanges and discs and callipers, well I say dry fitting again more of cable tying to see what it looks like... I know that the hub is upside down I realised after I had put it all together

Wondering what it would look like with the flange with out the discs...

The discs and flanges are resting against the arms and hub just to see what it would look like again...

Regards

Alex
Old 25-10-2018, 08:51 AM   #69
Dopeshow

Beautiful!

I have brake and top arm envy
Dopeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2018, 09:08 PM   #70
1994alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeshow View Post
Beautiful!

I have brake and top arm envy
You wouldnít if you say the invoice
Old 25-10-2018, 09:09 PM   #71
Dopeshow

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994alex View Post
You wouldnít if you say the invoice
I can well imagine
Dopeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 08:49 PM   #72
1994alex

Very small update of parts arriving again today...

So innovative engine mounts all the way from the states! I will be checking if these are correct tomorrow hopefully!

And a delivery from KAD, their front adjustable hi los

And just having a look like what they are like on the top arms

So I have been having a couple of phone calls with a company to see if they can sort my rear brake set up completely as well as it seems to be an unresolved dead end when it comes to trying to get uprated brake callipers so I will be sending the parts off tomorrow to see if they are able to do anything for me will keep you all updated on this one

Alex

Last edited by 1994alex; 31-10-2018 at 08:56 PM.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:59 PM   #73
1994alex

Right so as mentioned in the previous post I was speaking to a company with regards to the updating of the rear brake callipers, the company was kad, I had numerous phone calls with Jason before this with regards to seeing what they could do, so I sent the phone parts off to see if he could work some magic for me, but unfortunately it has come to a dead end. I really canít thank Jason enough for his time on looking into this for me and seeing if he could work something out.

Jason mocked the parts up numerous times to see if he could do anything for the callipers to be mounted right they needed a number of washers to bring the Caliper inline with the mounting of the hubs

So the standard hub no washers

With washers

Once the washers were in place to create the right height for the callipers Jason tried to mount them into the hub but unfortunately the mounting points were too far out for them to be mounted correctly and would cause the callipers to rub on the hubs

So unfortunately itís a dead end but I can not thank Jason enough for looking into this for me so it looks like I will be using the Mazda 1.8 brake callipers now unless anyone has any other ideas on which uprated callipers I can use?

On another note the red dot comes have arrived for the front suspension so hopefully with in the next month I can build the front subframe up and see where I need to modify it for the prop shaft to fit

Alex
Old 08-11-2018, 01:32 PM   #74
Oz

Subframe: Other
ECU: DTA

I doubt you actually need uprated brakes at the rear as a Mini needs very little rear braking so you'd be taking all that extra efficiency and restricting it right down with the bias/limiter valve.

Build Thread - Standard Round Nose with K series subframe build begun
Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:22 PM   #75
1994alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz View Post
I doubt you actually need uprated brakes at the rear as a Mini needs very little rear braking so you'd be taking all that extra efficiency and restricting it right down with the bias/limiter valve.
I hadn't taken that into consideration actually, definitely something I will take into consideration!