16v Mini Club Forums  

Go Back   16v Mini Club Forums > General Public Area > General 16v Mini Chat > Newbie Forum

Old 27-10-2016, 07:23 PM   #1
Mypointofview

Default Joined to put my point of view across to Jonathan megraw

Pity when someone feels the need to join your site to give a member a message, why is it people feel the need to slag other people's cars off, I have had several members message me in disgust at what Jon thinks is acceptable behaviour, I thought the club spirit was to help and advise to share knowledge and help with problem, to encourage and be a part of the mini following. Pity a small few always decide to slag off and ruin that. Have a think Jon you do not know me you do not know my car and I didn't see you at the sale when I bought it, so why decide to involve yourself in it when I go to sell it????.
Oh and hi everyone 👍
Mypointofview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 09:23 PM   #2
PaulW

Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1800cc
Make: Other
ECU: Megasquirt MX5 Pnp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mypointofview View Post
Pity when someone feels the need to join your site to give a member a message, why is it people feel the need to slag other people's cars off, I have had several members message me in disgust at what Jon thinks is acceptable behaviour, I thought the club spirit was to help and advise to share knowledge and help with problem, to encourage and be a part of the mini following. Pity a small few always decide to slag off and ruin that. Have a think Jon you do not know me you do not know my car and I didn't see you at the sale when I bought it, so why decide to involve yourself in it when I go to sell it????.
Oh and hi everyone 👍
Your user name is a bit strange. As you have said yourself "club spirit" I would hope you haven't just signed up to cause trouble?

There are two sides to every story. This is your 2nd post but you say several other members have messaged you? From this forum or is this a Facebook thing?

Cheers Paul
PaulW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 10:35 PM   #3
ardonfast

Subframe: AMT
CC: 2000
Make: Vauxhall
ECU: dizzy/webers

oo,err, what are you on about?? and who is qwick draw magraw?
and we do all the things you kindly mention,
"THE GOOD THINGS"
so not to put too finer point on it, our names on hear don't realy match our proper names!!
we learn one anothers names by being close lol
its strange you use the full name,, as paul asks> is this a farcebook problem!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3JhaTwP7uuk
ardonfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2016, 06:16 AM   #4
PaulW

This might have something to do with it? I still don't understand though it's all a bit cryptic

http://www.16vminiclub.com/showthread.php?t=36767
Old 28-10-2016, 06:21 AM   #5
fynnbar

Subframe: SAE
CC: 1595
Make: Honda
ECU: Standard obd1-P30

It's back on
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLASSIC-MI...3D112139689937
And another dig at Jonathan in the eBay listing ....??!!

Last edited by fynnbar; 28-10-2016 at 06:27 AM.
fynnbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2016, 08:21 AM   #6
Mypointofview

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulW View Post
Your user name is a bit strange. As you have said yourself "club spirit" I would hope you haven't just signed up to cause trouble?

There are two sides to every story. This is your 2nd post but you say several other members have messaged you? From this forum or is this a Facebook thing?

Cheers Paul
Hi Paul in answer to your question of have I signed up to cause trouble..... no just make a stand on my view, this guy has ruined my sale of my car by his comments he seems to think it was sold for 2,000 and that I am making a huge profit, that is simply not the case and he should be mindful of this it's not his place to say!, I am getting my money back and now after dropping the price due to him airing on the web and on a site that many many enthusiasts join his mis guided views!, I am losing money and for him to put people off is wrong!. He in fact has cost me money and caused me trouble.
Old 28-10-2016, 08:30 AM   #7
Mypointofview

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardonfast View Post
oo,err, what are you on about?? and who is qwick draw magraw?
and we do all the things you kindly mention,
"THE GOOD THINGS"
so not to put too finer point on it, our names on hear don't realy match our proper names!!
we learn one anothers names by being close lol
its strange you use the full name,, as paul asks> is this a farcebook problem!!
Hi ardonfast!, yes you have hit the nail on the head and I agree I'm sure it's just a few that cast a shadow over the many!, it was posted on Facebook I'm not on there!, so with it being connected or linked back to this site I thought I would say my piece to him here. I have no idea what his user name would be on here so just used his Facebook name!. My car has been on the road with mot's being used for five odd years with this conversion and just needs a bit of tlc now that I can't give it so I think it's fairly priced and I have seen the build thread on here and am happy what I'm selling and bought its a good honest car. Thanks for your comments "quick draw" made me laugh!.
Old 28-10-2016, 08:34 AM   #8
Mypointofview

Quote:
Originally Posted by fynnbar View Post
It's back on
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLASSIC-MI...3D112139689937
And another dig at Jonathan in the eBay listing ....??!!
Hi fynnbar!, it's not back on but I changed the pictures around and have since owning it pottered about having fitted new tyres, painted the bootlid, bought and fitted a new number plate, light and a boot handle!, and purchased and fitted a new rear bumper I have also reduced the price so it's refreshed!, but that ad ends in a week so I will resist then!. Many thanks!.
Old 28-10-2016, 08:58 AM   #9
Artstu

CC: 1275
ECU: Nissan Micra

Quote:
it was posted on Facebook I'm not on there!, so with it being connected or linked back to this site I thought I would say my piece to him here. I have no idea what his user name would be on here so just used his Facebook name!.
I remember seeing the negativity on Facebook, but paid no attention.

I suggest you get a Facebook account and take whatever it is you wish to achieve there. He may not even be a member of the forum.

ETA This is I assume the post on Facebook for anyone wondering https://www.facebook.com/groups/3463...7478702090123/

Last edited by Artstu; 28-10-2016 at 09:10 AM.
Artstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2016, 09:30 AM   #10
PaulW

Well I must of done the same to be honest. I remember it now but can't of taken much notice originally.
Old 28-10-2016, 09:47 AM   #11
Mypointofview

Hi artstu not being in to tech all that much I assumed and maybe I was wrong, that the Facebook 16v Facebook page was linked to this site in some format, I have no real desire to open a Facebook account but I hope you can see I felt frustrated not being able to do anything but watch someone destroy the sale of my car!. Anyway that aside you guys seem constructive and hopefully I can join your community and share our mutual interest !.
Old 28-10-2016, 09:48 AM   #12
MattG
Administrator

Subframe: Allspeed
CC: 2000
Make: Vauxhall
ECU: Megasquirt

well apart from being bike engine i like the car as a project ...
MattG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2016, 10:11 AM   #13
Artstu

CC: 1275
ECU: Nissan Micra

Quote:
Hi artstu not being in to tech all that much I assumed and maybe I was wrong, that the Facebook 16v Facebook page was linked to this site in some format, I have no real desire to open a Facebook account but I hope you can see I felt frustrated not being able to do anything but watch someone destroy the sale of my car!. Anyway that aside you guys seem constructive and hopefully I can join your community and share our mutual interest !.
Hopefully you'll be able to take a deep breath and put it behind you.

If you've sold the car or are still trying to sell the car, I take it that you have plans for another Mini with an engine other than an A-series in mind? although having said that you can still take an interest in the forum without actually having a 16v Mini as I do. I live in hope that one day I will finally get a 16v engine into one of my Mini based cars.

Good luck with the sale, that looks a nice layout with front engine and rear-wheel drive. Definitely too high-revving and raw for me these days though. Have you enjoyed your brief spell with the car?

Also I would suggest you break up the text of your listing to make it easier to read.

Actually having just done that I suggest you remove the last paragraph altogether. I also see you've not been able to drive it.

Quote:
hi i purchased this car only a couple of weeks ago, things have now changed in my life and i am moving to a area that is on road permit parking only so i just cannot work on this car and thus cannot keep it.

the car has many many plus points and once fixed up will be amazing! I HAVE PICTURES OF THE BUILD THE GUY IS VERY CLEVER AND SKILLED!!! it has;-

FULL CUSTOM BUILT ROLL CAGE WITH PADDING BUCKET SEATS PLUS HARNESSES KAWASAKI ZX9R ENGINE AND GEARBOX, 14,000 RPM, SPITS FLAMES ON OVER RUN!!!!

12" MINI LIGHT STYLE WHEELS WITH DARK GREY CENTRES AND NEW FALCON TYRES FORD SIERRA PROPSHAFT IN CUSTOM BUILT TUNNEL LINKED TO FORD COSWORTH LSD DIFF LIGHTWEIGHT FIRBERGLASS BONNET AND BOOT COOPER DISC BRAKES

PIPERCROSS HI FLOW RACE AIR FILTER FRONT MOUNTED RADIATOR SPAX SUSPENSION ALL ROUND PUSH BUTTON RACE STYLE START! NEW SMALL SMART STEERING WHEEL CUSTOM FABRICATED STEEL WIDE WHEEL ARCHES DESEAMED "A" AND "C" POSTS

KAWASAKI NINJA CLOCKSET ALLOY FUEL TANK IN BOOT POLY CARBONATE SIDE WINDOWS FRONT AND BACK THE WHOLE FRONT COMES OFF WITH * BOLTS REMOVED

THE CAR NEEDS A SMALL AMOUNT OF WORK BEFORE BEING USED In my view;- the exhaust is stupid and needs to be a side exit or rear exit! at the moment it blows the clutch is stuck and judders i would recommend a new one it pops out of 3rd gear i think its third!, it will need a gearbox overhaul for this

i have not driven the car at all due to these faults, i priced up the bits on ebay 200,00 should see it fixed with used bits. the body has a few bubbles and bits that are only cosmetic, it is solid on floor and sills so tinker about when you have the time!

any questions please ask im sure i have missed lots out!! Tony 07976-781106

oh and a message to Jonathan Megraw, not jon you like the whole name it makes you feel more important, you don't know me, you don't know this car, you defiantly were not there when i purchased, it so best to keep buying your extra small t shirts to make you look like the big important man you dream of being, keep building your car and to be honest i think your doing a good job, see a bit more of that and less slagging others off and the whole mini community will be a more friendly nice club orientated place!!! i come from a time when if one broke down we all stopped and helped fix it, not drive past laughing.
Artstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2016, 10:42 AM   #14
Mypointofview

Thanks for your comments I have in the past owned a couple of 16v minis two Honda conversions and one redtop. I have at the moment 8 minis mostly early ones 1959, 1960, 1962, 1967 and so on and my first car was a mini!, and I shall always have one even tho my health is poor. I was so angered by this chaps interference that I put the last paragraph in, to show that we can all be negative and critical but I see your point and will adjust the advert accordingly!, in both removing my last paragraph and in breaking the advert up!, I did do that but when the ad went live it had changed format!, thanks for your input, all the best!, tony
Old 28-10-2016, 10:49 AM   #15
Mypointofview

Cheers Matt i had a quick look at yours and that's a cracking job !, you look like it's a piece of cake to you!, as for mine I had a mechanic look at it and I think if it does not sell I'm going to pay to have it fixed up I'm physically not in a position to carry the works out myself as I had a spinal op a few days back. Bit frustrating but that's life that's another reason it's up for sale. Cheers and good luck with yours!.