Go Back   16v Mini Club Forums > General Public Area > Honda Chat

Old 16-01-2018, 02:47 AM   #1
_666_

Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1600
Make: Honda
ECU: standard
Default B16 VTEC with Allspeed frame RHD

after looking at many many build logs on this forums i haven't been able to spot one that is the same as what i'm doing.

are there any builds here that have these fundamentals

- Standard Length Steel non removable front
- B16/B18 Honda engine
- Allspeed Subframe
- RHD
- without moving the steering rack
- With Booster

also any builds with
- Air Conditioning
_666_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2018, 10:30 AM   #2
Harley

Whats the main bit you're having trouble with from that list?
If it wasn''t for the AC the rest would be easy.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2018, 11:34 AM   #3
_666_

Default B16 VTEC with Allspeed frame RHD

Well Iím yet to see someone do a conversion in a standard length steel front, in a RHD, with an all speed frame.. not sure it will actually fit

I guess Iím unsure about the fittament of the engine in the allspeed frame.. and also how much of the frame sticks out
Old 16-01-2018, 02:36 PM   #4
Oz

Subframe: Other
CC: 1595
ECU: DTA

There are a few standard length front Allspeed builds on here but no doubt most of the pics lost to Photobucket issue. As far as I am aware they are all build with removeable fronts and believe me you will struggle to do anything with a fixed standard length front.

The engine fits under a standard length front using the Allspeed standard length front cross bar. You need to shave the steering rack cover down and fit a countersunk hex bolt to clear the diff for RHD. Also you need to make two small cuts in the front panel under the bumper to clear the frame.

You will need to either fit ITBs or have the plenum modified to clear the bulkhead or modify the bulkhead to clear the plenum.

You'll need a custom exhaust manifold which runs closer to the block to fit behind the grill. You can fit the standard manifold but you'll have to space the grill, use the Clubman front crossmember from Allspeed and cut out the front panel behind the front registration plate.

You also need to figure out bracketry for the Alternator. You either have to fit it backwards under the wing or use a bracket from Minitec in the US or KJB Fabrications in the UK to fit the alternator behind the engine next to the bulkhead.

You will also need to remove most if not all of the inner wings.

You will also struggle to fit a suitable radiator. Some people have managed to use the Civic rad but it is very tight, you might not be able to get it to fit without having a removeable front

Build Thread - Standard Round Nose with K series subframe build begun
Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2018, 08:12 PM   #5
Underhauled

Not speaking from experince yet only research but the replacement clutch slave kits seem to help a lot in the rad clearance area

http://www.clutchmasters.com/n817-h-b-series-1/
Underhauled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2018, 09:48 PM   #6
_666_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz View Post
There are a few standard length front Allspeed builds on here but no doubt most of the pics lost to Photobucket issue. As far as I am aware they are all build with removeable fronts and believe me you will struggle to do anything with a fixed standard length front.

The engine fits under a standard length front using the Allspeed standard length front cross bar. You need to shave the steering rack cover down and fit a countersunk hex bolt to clear the diff for RHD. Also you need to make two small cuts in the front panel under the bumper to clear the frame.

You will need to either fit ITBs or have the plenum modified to clear the bulkhead or modify the bulkhead to clear the plenum.

You'll need a custom exhaust manifold which runs closer to the block to fit behind the grill. You can fit the standard manifold but you'll have to space the grill, use the Clubman front crossmember from Allspeed and cut out the front panel behind the front registration plate.

You also need to figure out bracketry for the Alternator. You either have to fit it backwards under the wing or use a bracket from Minitec in the US or KJB Fabrications in the UK to fit the alternator behind the engine next to the bulkhead.

You will also need to remove most if not all of the inner wings.

You will also struggle to fit a suitable radiator. Some people have managed to use the Civic rad but it is very tight, you might not be able to get it to fit without having a removeable front

Thanks for the info Oz. I was hoping to actually see pics of someone who has managed to fit it in..
Old 16-01-2018, 09:49 PM   #7
_666_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underhauled View Post
Not speaking from experince yet only research but the replacement clutch slave kits seem to help a lot in the rad clearance area

http://www.clutchmasters.com/n817-h-b-series-1/

Iím aware of these kits and I may look at going down that path if itís necessary but the kits are so dear
Old 16-01-2018, 10:39 PM   #8
roybills5

Subframe: Allspeed
CC: B16
ECU: P30

roybills5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 05:23 PM   #9
Mini-khaos

ECU: Spoon ecu vtec 5,100 - 9,000

I've got everything u mention. But. Clubman I've heaps of room. Id definitly fit one in a standard round nose. Just cut inlet , tilt, weld.manifold was custom made from an itr integra b18one it's a great fit with plenty of room for booster big rad and yeah il try get some pics up
Mini-khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 05:24 PM   #10
Mini-khaos

ECU: Spoon ecu vtec 5,100 - 9,000

No a/c coz no need over here .... it's fresh out lately haha
Mini-khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 09:45 PM   #11
_666_