16v Mini Club Forums  

Go Back   16v Mini Club Forums > Builds > Suzuki Builds

Old 05-05-2014, 06:37 PM   #301
Phatwiji

Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1300
Make: Suzuki
ECU: Standard

I'm not exactly back on the project full swing yet but there are a few things possibly worthy of jotting down in the old diary.

Having now redecorated just about the whole house and remodeled the kitchen and front garden I am once again allowed to go and play in the garage (until the baby is born later this month that is.). So first on the agenda was space and organisation, this was achieved by a)Building a bike shed for the bikes. b)Building another shed to keep all the garden bit and bobs in, like the mower and wheel barrow. and c) boarding out the joists to make a sort of attic space in the garage so anything that wasn't going in the loft in the house can just be chucked up there out the way.

I then decided it would be worth while to rewire the garage and give it a proper supply rather than it just spurring off one of the house sockets. This was done giving me plenty of light and sockets to play with.

So I got in there today and was re-familiarising myself with the project and trying to sus out what to get on with next (Trying not to think about the up and coming wiring/ECU nightmare yet) and to my great disappointment and annoyance I discovered a flat tire The car has only moved 100m on those tires ! Having taken the wheel off I found a bent drawing pin on the floor under where it had been and guess this is probably to blame. I have pumped it back up in the hope that it will magically not go flat again this time but we will see

On the plus side I am newly enthused with the project and cant wait to get stuck back in
Phatwiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 11:49 AM   #302
cruiza

For someone who could not wait to get stuck in again there has been quite a wait for updates, you audience awaits any news?

And as a word of encouragement your photos and notes on your front sub frame build were the best I have found so far learnt heaps for when I start my build
cruiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2015, 03:43 PM   #303
Phatwiji

I am still here! but now with a new baby in the house but sadly cruiza I am yet to make any real time on or progress with the car and its not because i'm not keen believe me!
I am glad that my subframe photos and notes were of some use to you but to be fair I was just copying from other builds
I would love to report some other car progress but to be honest there has not been any. Soon I will get back to it, I just cant say exactly when.
Old 20-01-2015, 04:34 PM   #304
ardonfast

Subframe: AMT
CC: 2000
Make: Vauxhall
ECU: dizzy/webers

lol my babys made me leave the house, poor excuse,,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3JhaTwP7uuk
ardonfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2015, 09:01 PM   #305
bobjonah

CC: 1298
ECU: standard

Don't get too discouraged - there is a short window of opportunity between when your kids leave the nest and when they start bringing home grandchildren - you just have to be aware of it and strike quickly when it happens.

Cheers
bobjonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2015, 09:22 PM   #306
Phatwiji

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjonah View Post
Don't get too discouraged - there is a short window of opportunity between when your kids leave the nest and when they start bringing home grandchildren - you just have to be aware of it and strike quickly when it happens.

Cheers
yes but I have right stuffed that up I have one just left school who's 16 one only just been born and two more in between! There will be no gap, my fate is sealed lol.

None the less time for the car will be found! somehow?

When me and the wife settle more into the new house and child and a means of making a bit more money is found then it will be all go (simple see)
Old 20-01-2015, 10:40 PM   #307
miniswift

CC: 1298
ECU: Non good old skool!

sounds familier!
When I thought I can make time..... I have progress with my work.
So, there is not time at the moment. I have a 2 year old who will turn 3 next month. Also 2 other girls 12 and 10. So this is why my project has taken 14th year and not finished as yet. Don't wait for money coming in, you will never finish then!

I have been working on my car 30 mins to 1hr every weekend, your better half should know you need "man time".

Cheers
Atchi
miniswift is offline   Reply With Quote