16v Mini Club Forums  

Go Back   16v Mini Club Forums > Builds > Rover Builds

Old 11-06-2018, 06:33 AM   #16
gazwad

Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1796
Make: Rover
ECU: standard

Those settings seems a little strange, 2.5 degrees camber is a lot for 13" wheels, I would have gone for 0 to 0.5 degrees negative. Also usually a little toe out on the front helps keep the car in a straight line. What was the back set at as this has a massive influence, it should have a little toe in and around 0 degrees camber
gazwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:54 AM   #17
Bigredmini94

Subframe: Allspeed
CC: 1800 t
ECU: Standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazwad View Post
Those settings seems a little strange, 2.5 degrees camber is a lot for 13" wheels, I would have gone for 0 to 0.5 degrees negative. Also usually a little toe out on the front helps keep the car in a straight line. What was the back set at as this has a massive influence, it should have a little toe in and around 0 degrees camber
The camber is what he recommended for track days as that's all I'm going to be using the car for he did set parallel toe but it was a bit of a nightmare on hard acceleration the toe in seemed to help some how ... I've never run with 2.5 degree camber so any feed back will be helpful but with just a test going up and down the road it seem fairly controllable compared to before... The only thing I can think of is the bit of play I've got in the steering arm which when toe in is taking that play up on acceleration once I've sorted this it may mean I have to get the toe set again ? .... This is all new so trying to learn along the way.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Bigredmini94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:34 AM   #18
gazwad

Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1796
ECU: standard

It might be worth checking it again, i would also get the rear checked as if there it toe out on the rear it will be very scary to drive
gazwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:21 PM   #19
Bigredmini94

Subframe: Allspeed
CC: 1800 t
ECU: Standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazwad View Post
It might be worth checking it again, i would also get the rear checked as if there it toe out on the rear it will be very scary to drive
Rear toes got half degree camber and 1/8 toe in . Yeah I think i will have to get it tracked again when swapping steering rack anyway if I can't sort my current one .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Bigredmini94 is offline   Reply With Quote