16v Mini Club Forums  

Go Back   16v Mini Club Forums > General Public Area > Suzuki Chat

Old 04-06-2018, 09:43 AM   #1
Alex1380

Subframe: Allspeed
Make: Suzuki
ECU: Megasquirts
Default Getting back in to it

Right, after a quite a long break i need to get back in to sorting my car.

Its sat for probable best part of 2/3 years now due to one thing or another but its sat in the new garage for a few months and i need to crack on with it.

Problem is i can't really remember why i did everything i was doing, but what i do remember is the brakes are rubbish. I have the mini sport 4 pot ally calipers and the allspeed internal pedal box. I've never been happy with the pedal box and now i have the shorten injection manifold running on the engine i'm wondering if i can go back to the original pedal box and a yellow tag master cylinder but.... will the clutch master fit?

Next issue is when i tried to start it about a year ago, the fuel pump dumped all the fuel on the floor.... so got a major fuel leak to find and probably remake the fuel lines.

Also have a dodgy connection on a relay which controls the power to the fuel injectors or the coil pack... i can't remember... but i know its a problem either way. So at a minimum need to repair the connection or replace the relay box and make good. Wiring has always been the cars weak point, with so many changes over the years from stock to all diffrent forms of ignition system to the suzuki engine and all sort. its bit of a mess. I keep getting tempted to replace the complete loom with one of the kit car universal ones and start a fresh but its not cheap.

please kick me in the peach if i don't keep posting as it means i've been slacking off again.

Cheers.
Alex1380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:56 PM   #2
Purtsi

Subframe: Other
CC: 1300
ECU: Megasquirt
Send a message via MSN to Purtsi

Just focus on one thing at a time and soon you'll get all of those fixed.

btw. I installed a universal kit car loom and thought that it would solve the spaghetti-o-wiring, but even with 12 fuses, I ran out of them and couldn't get the loom installed as neatly as I dreamed about. So before getting one, design/draw it at least 3(0) times and think about all the possible electric gizmos that you might install because adding those later... well, you know
Old 07-06-2018, 07:27 AM   #3
Alex1380

Well source of the fuel leak has been found. It seems the car has caught one something going in and out of the drive or a speed bump and its bent one of the clips and put a nick in the line.
So the plan is to replace the run under the car. I'd like to tuck it up in the transmission tunnel however i'm worried about the heat from the exhaust. Any advice?
Old 09-06-2018, 10:39 PM   #4
miniswift

Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1298
ECU: Non good old skool!

run inside of your car.

Can you not fit remote servo?
I'm running same Mini Sports 4 pots. When I did test run it felt weak also.
Not sure I would add servo myself but you can buy one off ebay for 80ish.
Good luck mate.
miniswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2018, 03:34 PM   #5
Alex1380

Made some progress over the weekend.
Remote brake servo is fitted and plumbed in. Now focus is on the fuel lines. One of the things i'd forgotten was that the two lines where different bore sizes.
My current thinking is to run copper lines under the car. There are two channels in the floor pan which would be lower than the copper lines and should keep them safe.

Once that's sorted it on to electrical gremlins. o the joys.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:24 PM   #6
Alex1380

Well it made it