Go Back   16v Mini Club Forums > General Public Area > Vauxhall Chat

Old 14-12-2018, 06:47 AM   #1
spudgun

Subframe: Home Made
CC: 2000
Make: Vauxhall
ECU: none
Default Clutch cable help needed

Iíve fitted the 20XE engine and F20 box but the clutch cable seems to be far to long. Is there something I need to be doing? The cable Iíve got is for this engine/box and is said to fit Astra, cavalier & Calibra. Seems to be far too long but not really sure. How are people sorting this? Do I need a different cable? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
spudgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2018, 02:30 PM   #2
Birdman

Subframe: Home Made
CC: 2000
Make: Vauxhall
ECU: Motronic 2.5 - Group N Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudgun View Post
Iíve fitted the 20XE engine and F20 box but the clutch cable seems to be far to long. Is there something I need to be doing? The cable Iíve got is for this engine/box and is said to fit Astra, cavalier & Calibra. Seems to be far too long but not really sure. How are people sorting this? Do I need a different cable? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I found I had to reduce the length of my cable and in the end I used a Vauxhall Viva cable, which was easier to adapt the length of. The viva cable is like those metal shower hoses, but stiffer, so you can bend it and it stays in that shape. Mine runs under the carpet across to the passenger side bulkhead and then through straight to the gearbox. I just cut the inner and outer cable to suit my setup. I used some steel brake line over the cable end that was cut. Doubled and crushed this over in the vice and a quick mig weld. That's just because I'm tight. Question: do left hand drive cars have shorter cables??