Old 21-11-2017, 02:08 AM   #16
_666_

Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1600
Make: Honda
ECU: standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
I think you need to perservere with finishing your own subframe, you already have the engine in- buying another one will get your engine in and sort your suspension, but you still have to make everything else from scratch.
The subframe is the easy part, if you're losing motivation at this stage the rest wont exactly be a music montage to the end i can tell you!

Itís not so much the motivation.. itís just work is keeping me from doing this task.. so having the subframe would be removing the hard part as Iím limited with when I can and canít do my hot work

Iím not so fussed about the rest of it at the minute as I can do everything else after hours as itís not hot work..
_666_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 04:51 AM   #17
tag141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
I think you need to perservere with finishing your own subframe, you already have the engine in- buying another one will get your engine in and sort your suspension, but you still have to make everything else from scratch.
The subframe is the easy part, if you're losing motivation at this stage the rest wont exactly be a music montage to the end i can tell you!
This ^. you've got so far. It's almost like ordering a taxi for the last mile of running a marathon!

I was in exactly this situation. Hadn't touched the mini for months. A friend kept asking me if I wanted help. At first I said no but last weekend, between the two of us we got so much done. Two sets of eyes, two sets of hands, two brains to figure stuff out.

Rose joints are OK under the Australian standard so your engineer should be OK with them but ... they are harsh for normal day to day driving.
Old 28-11-2017, 01:36 AM   #18
Bennjaminozhonda

Subframe: Allspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag141 View Post

Rose joints are OK under the Australian standard so your engineer should be OK with them but ... they are harsh for normal day to day driving.
Just a heads up - an opinion based on my experience ( vtec mini engineered , Sydney AU)

Rose joints are fine , but must be covered with rubber boots. You can get these from many suspension places online
Bennjaminozhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2017, 07:01 PM   #19
meetthespeakers

Subframe: Other
CC: D16
Make: Honda
ECU: Chipped

D-Series Sohc or B-Series Dohc?
meetthespeakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2017, 07:15 PM   #20
_666_

Subframe: Home Made