16v Mini Club Forums  

Go Back   16v Mini Club Forums > General Public Area > General 16v Mini Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-06-2018, 12:42 PM   #1
mikko
Senior Member
 
mikko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belfast
Posts: 722
Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1600
Make: Honda
ECU: obd0
Default Brake union 90

Hey folks, I need a 90 degree brake fitting for my fiesta calipers, the hose is too close to tie bar on my new frame, any suggestions?
https://ibb.co/eryJWd
__________________
http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19251

Not your typical heated leather seated track day car but it does have heated leather!

Last edited by mikko; 30-06-2018 at 08:02 PM.
mikko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2018, 04:09 PM   #2
gadget555
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Strichen Aberdeenshire
Posts: 1,346
Subframe: Watson
CC: 1800
Make: Rover
ECU: K maps 160 Race
Default

This is who I used for all my pipes & fittings, https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/torquesuk
gadget555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2018, 05:56 PM   #3
InstantCustard
Senior Member
 
InstantCustard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Whitworth, Lancashire
Posts: 5,931
Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1.8
Make: Rover
ECU: Emerald K6
Default

Youíd possibly need to get hoses made but what about a banjo bolt and fitting?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnard View Post
couldnt be bothered to stretch that far to pull it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardonfast View Post
Haz obviously don't like custard , my Mrs spits it out to!
I love it
InstantCustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2018, 05:56 PM   #4
InstantCustard
Senior Member
 
InstantCustard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Whitworth, Lancashire
Posts: 5,931
Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1.8
Make: Rover
ECU: Emerald K6
Default

Your picture doesnít work by the way!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnard View Post
couldnt be bothered to stretch that far to pull it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardonfast View Post
Haz obviously don't like custard , my Mrs spits it out to!
I love it
InstantCustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2018, 08:01 PM   #5
mikko
Senior Member
 
mikko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belfast
Posts: 722
Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1600
Make: Honda
ECU: obd0
Default

How are people hosting pics these days, its been a while since ive needed to. Was lookin at mk2 fiesta banjo flexis but 85+postage is a bit rich, im sure there will be an off the shelf banjo flexi but I cant think of a car that has banjos.
__________________
http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19251

Not your typical heated leather seated track day car but it does have heated leather!
mikko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2018, 08:17 PM   #6
InstantCustard
Senior Member
 
InstantCustard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Whitworth, Lancashire
Posts: 5,931
Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1.8
Make: Rover
ECU: Emerald K6
Default

I use Tapatalk on my iPhone to view the forum and it allows me to post pictures direct from it, I think a while ago I paid a small fee to be able to post as many pictures as I like otherwise it was limited but itís a lot easier as far as I can tell than using Imgur or whatever everyone else is using nowadays!

You can see above my keyboard thereís thumbnails to take a pic, upload a pic from your photo album or attach a file, itís literally a case of clicking on the appropriate thumbnail and then clicking on the image size (that picture was medium).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnard View Post
couldnt be bothered to stretch that far to pull it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardonfast View Post
Haz obviously don't like custard , my Mrs spits it out to!
I love it
InstantCustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2018, 08:24 PM   #7
mikko
Senior Member
 
mikko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belfast
Posts: 722
Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1600
Make: Honda
ECU: obd0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstantCustard View Post
I use Tapatalk on my iPhone to view the forum and it allows me to post pictures direct from it, I think a while ago I paid a small fee to be able to post as many pictures as I like otherwise it was limited but itís a lot easier as far as I can tell than using Imgur or whatever everyone else is using nowadays!

You can see above my keyboard thereís thumbnails to take a pic, upload a pic from your photo album or attach a file, itís literally a case of clicking on the appropriate thumbnail and then clicking on the image size (that picture was medium).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got it, cheers! Be handy for updating my 10 year old build thread no im rebuilding.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
__________________
http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19251

Not your typical heated leather seated track day car but it does have heated leather!
mikko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2018, 08:50 PM   #8
InstantCustard
Senior Member
 
InstantCustard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Whitworth, Lancashire
Posts: 5,931
Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1.8
Make: Rover
ECU: Emerald K6
Default

That works!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnard View Post
couldnt be bothered to stretch that far to pull it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardonfast View Post
Haz obviously don't like custard , my Mrs spits it out to!
I love it
InstantCustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:22 PM   #9
Yellow
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Aylesbury, Bucks
Posts: 516
Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1.8VVC
Make: Rover
ECU: Rover MEMS3 with Kmaps upgrade
Default

That is an unusual tie bar set-up! 2 on each side? On the pipes I have bought the metro 4 pot caliper mini conversion kit. The long pipes is used with the banjo bolt (which is the correct thread for the fiesta caliper) and a small spacer used under the bolt head. You just don't use the little link pipes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:23 PM   #10
mikko
Senior Member
 
mikko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belfast
Posts: 722
Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1600
Make: Honda
ECU: obd0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
That is an unusual tie bar set-up! 2 on each side? On the pipes I have bought the metro 4 pot caliper mini conversion kit. The long pipes is used with the banjo bolt (which is the correct thread for the fiesta caliper) and a small spacer used under the bolt head. You just don't use the little link pipes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the metro turbo conversion hoses somewhere but from memory I thought the banjos were only on the link hose. I ordered some mgtf hoses anyway with banjo ends, 20 delivered.

I never did like the upper arm design so went double wishbone with wider track..
__________________
http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19251

Not your typical heated leather seated track day car but it does have heated leather!
mikko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:05 AM   #11
Yellow
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Aylesbury, Bucks
Posts: 516
Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1.8VVC
Make: Rover
ECU: Rover MEMS3 with Kmaps upgrade
Default Brake union 90

Sounds good. Could you share details of what you ordered- and some pics when fitted to the calipers would be great

you may be right on the banjos. I do know the thread is correct, but the pipes then went back in a box until I find some time.....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.