16v Mini Club Forums  

Go Back   16v Mini Club Forums > General Public Area > General 16v Mini Chat > Very exciting event for 2018! private track!

Closed Thread

Old 27-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
Mark D

Subframe: Home Made
CC: lots
Make: Honda
ECU: DTA
Default 2013 16v Festival of Speed Weekend Information 15th and 16th June

2013 16v Festival of Speed Weekend

As some of you may know each year I organise a trackday weekend for the 16v club and in recent years they have proven to be very popular. This year is no exception and entries are now being taken for this years event.

The event is taking place on the weekend of the 15th and 16th June at RAF Barkston Heath which is located between Grantham and Sleaford.

The weekend consists of a trackday event on the Saturday and a Sprint Race on the Sunday for those wanting to enter, or spectate. Camping is arranged at woodland waters campsite, a short drive down the road. Saturday night is a social event and it's up with the gazeebo and on with an organised BBQ before the awards for the days driving are presented. sprits usually run high with a large amount of banter going on between the days drivers as they ponder over the days driving and goings on.

The trackday on the Saturday is run in a sprint type format, ie you are set off individually and then do one lap of the circuit. Once your run is finished you may then either line up briefly for another run or take a rest. The track is narrow and quite twisty so is quite challenging, most people come back in after 3-4 laps. Running it this way makes it safer as there is no racing each other or risk of contact.

During the day on Saturday passengers may be taken round and is non competative however the afternoon usually sees the timing gear coming out for a few timed runs which provide the opertunity for us to run the team event North versus South and is also the basis for some of the awards.

Sundays sprint is organised by the RAF MSA and is open to those wanting to enter. The requirements are totally different to most sprints and you will only need to meet the trackday requirements to take part.

The requirements for both days are:
1) Cotton overalls are to be worn by everyone in the vehicle. Polyester overalls are not allowed. This is the minimum standard, race suits, proban, nomex etc are permitted.
2) Helmets are required
3) Cars must be in safe and drivable condition

I'll be contacting both of the Mini magazines for this event and see if we can get some coverage so make sure the cars are polished and gleaming.

The cost of the event is:

Saturdays trackday event 60 per driver payable to me
Saturdays BBQ 10 per head, 5 for kids payable to me
Sundays Sprint 50 per driver payable on the day
Camping 9 per tent per night payable to me upon arrival.

All payments must be made to reserve your place. Refunds will be available up until the numbers are confirmed with the circuit a month before the event. Following that they can only be issued if the place can be refilled.

Please make payments via paypal to rmdengineering@aol.com
PLEASE MARK IT AS A PERSONAL PAYMENT INORDER TO AVOID THE PAYPAL FEES

Once payment has been recieved i'll place your name onto the entry list as confirmation.

Further details of the campsite can be found at www.woodlandwaters.co.uk

Last edited by Mark D; 28-01-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 28-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
Mark D

Here's a couple of videos and pictures from previous years

Last edited by MattG; 29-01-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 15-04-2013, 02:21 AM   #3
Mark D

Do we have anymore takers for this years event. Unfortunately I can't really run it with the few that we have and everyone who has run at this event in the previous years will tell you what a cracking event it is and it's not one which we would want to lose. Ill be needing to confirm numbers shortly so please don't leave it till last minute I need to know numbers quite soon.