16v Mini Club Forums  

Go Back   16v Mini Club Forums > General Public Area > General 16v Mini Chat > 16v Mini Videos

Old 18-05-2017, 05:46 PM   #1
gazwad

Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1796
Make: Rover
ECU: standard
Default my incar footage from blyton trackday

https://youtu.be/pFhe-yg62JU
gazwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 09:00 PM   #2
Kam

Subframe: Allspeed
CC: 2000
Make: Honda
ECU: DTA

I enjoyed watching that looks like it went well

Your car looks way too mint to be out on a track
Old 30-05-2017, 11:09 AM   #3
gazwad

nah it was build to be driven, it's no way near concourse and I like a bit of 'use' on a car. it did go well and now i'm hooked, cant wait till the next track day
Old 30-05-2017, 11:54 AM   #4
AGoaty

Subframe: Watson
ECU: Standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazwad View Post
nah it was build to be driven, it's no way near concourse and I like a bit of 'use' on a car. it did go well and now i'm hooked, cant wait till the next track day
So where we booking then? I know Cadwell Park has been suggested.

I looked at these but all mid week.

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/tr...tegory&path=85

http://www.msvtrackdays.com/car/circ...well-park.aspx

I could do a Thursday evening...
Old 30-05-2017, 12:23 PM   #5
gazwad

I actually have looked into organizing a 16vminiclub track day. I have only spoken to rockingham at the moment who were very helpful and gave me basically 4 options:

Rockingham track day:
If you are looking to organise anything between 5 – 20 cars we can hold places on one or our existing days, we can offer a club rate (usually around 10%) for club members and also include garages, paddock suit and paddock space for exclusive use of the club. We can create a booking page with Club logos etc so club members can book with us direct. We will forward all joining instructions and handle all admin all members need to do is turn up, be briefed and drive!
Spectators are welcome so if there are any guests who do not want to put their car on circuit but fancy watching, no problem. Subject to the timetable parade laps can also be arranged for the lunch period.
Rates vary depending on time of year, I have included a link to our track day calendar that will give you an idea of dates and rates we have booked for the year – www.rockingham.co.uk/trackdays *

Rockingham Track Days - Rockingham UK
www.rockingham.co.uk
We offer car track days to cater for everyone, whether it’s your first time taking your pride and joy on track or you’re a seasoned track veteran we promise to ...
Exclusive hire rates
If you are looking for an exclusive track day for the club this is something we can organise also. We will provide everything you need to run the run the day including Chief Instructor to handle briefings and help manage safety on the day. I have included our 2017 guide pricing below:

(I have removed prices for this as it's not really viable)
Our circuit capacity is 40 cars and we would run 60 – 70 open pit lane to ensure the event stays open pit lane, any more than this then we would be looking creating session for the day. Spectators are again welcome and parade laps can be built into the day.
Hire includes all medical / marshalling, use of the inner paddock and 2 x blocks of pit garages.
A third option would be a cross between both of the above, we can organise a day for you where we open up 60 – 70 places on a track day where members can book with us directly, should the numbers look like they are not going to be met by a certain date, we can then open the day up as a general track day. *
Lastly, we also launched our summer social car meets in 2016 which proved to be very popular. The events are very informal evening meets held on the 1st Thursday of every month April – September where we also offer track time and a short autosolo competition. These events are perfect for a low cost evening cruise and social gathering, more information can be found via our Summer Social web pages - http://www.rockingham.co.uk/portfolio/summer-social/
Old 30-05-2017, 12:48 PM   #6
AGoaty

Subframe: Watson
ECU: Standard

Anything other than option 1 isn't going to happen. Are these all week day events?

Rockingham is a huge circuit. It's claimed to be the fastest European circuit. Not really ideal for Mini's is it???

At 200 a day is quite a lot more than Cadwell Park too.

I know it maybe close to you but not somewhere I fancy going to be honest...

Last edited by AGoaty; 30-05-2017 at 01:00 PM.
AGoaty is offline   Reply With Quote