Old 22-01-2019, 03:11 PM   #1
Oz

Subframe: Other
CC: 1595
Make: Honda
ECU: DTA
Default AWD conversion engine/gearbox mounts

http://hasport.com/store/index.php/mounts/awd.html

I found this page that might be of interest to people who are doing AWD conversions as the CRV gearbox mount is an odd set up but looking on this page you can buy just a AWD B series conversion transmission mount. They also sell the individual engine mounts to suit your Honda chassis (ie 3 bolt or 2 bolt) so you can mix and match a set and you don't have to buy and throw away the rear mount that we don't use

Last edited by Oz; 22-01-2019 at 04:58 PM.
Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 12:02 PM   #2
Oz

I'd just add to this that I initially tried to get a set through H-Tune who are the UK dealer for Hasport but as the AWD transmission mount is not on their website and despite their site saying that if you don't see a product that you want, to email them and they will add it , even after several emails (and chasers) with their customer support I was finally told that they couldn't look at this request for a month if not longer.

The Hasport website only does online ordering for the US so I emailed them and they have been fantastic. After some confusion from them as to why I didn't want the rear AWD mount bracket (I had omitted to say it was for a Mini so the rear bracket wouldn't fit) they were able to send me an invoice and paypal address and the AWD transmission mount and the matching engine side mount is currently winging its way across the pond to me

I'll put up some pics when they arrive.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:56 AM   #3
1994alex

Subframe: Allspeed
CC: 1800
ECU: Omex

If you could put up some pictures of which one it is or a link that would be great as I’m still looking into mine!
1994alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 11:23 AM   #4
Oz

http://hasport.com/store/index.php/m...-egbrhawd.html

This is the transmission mount I have ordered. The engine side is just the usual B series mount that fits your motor (2 bolt or 3 bolt).

It's not arrived yet. Looking at the tracking info, the US postal service has efficiently moved the mount from facility to facility to LA airport then to London, since it has hit the UK it has stalled somewhere in the UK I've usually not had issues with ordering from the US but the last two orders (this one and a guitar part I ordered in December last year) have taken/is taking an age to go through the UK facilities to get to me. I don't know if anything has changed with US/UK customs but I am presuming they are now taking much longer to clear customs
Old 11-02-2019, 02:11 PM   #5
Haz

Subframe: Watson
ECU: Hondata S300

I've had some orders from the US recently. They went through customs pretty damn quickly in each case. 2 got import duty charges, 1 didn't.
Haz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:24 PM   #6
Oz

I picked the mounts up from the Post Office this evening (I guess the Website stopped the tracking once it hit the UK).

There was a little issue with the Transmission Mount

One hole needed enlarging

then all was good

Old 12-02-2019, 10:31 PM   #7
AWD

Nice��, thats 1 thing of your list.. 99 to go��
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2019, 08:34 AM   #8
Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Nice��, thats 1 thing of your list.. 99 to go��
lol, tell me about it !!!
Old 17-02-2019, 09:53 PM   #9
1994alex

Does it all align up correctly in the frame?
Old 18-02-2019, 10:32 AM   #10
Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994alex View Post
Does it all align up correctly in the frame?
See my build diary update from yesterday:-

http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/sh...t=3631&page=16

I dropped the B20 in to my Watsons frame last Saturday and it seemed to line up fine. I had some positioning issues due to the cable change bracket on the top of the frame fouling the rear crossmember of the frame so I couldn't get the engine to sit properly but when I'm next up at the garage I'm going to remove the bracket and try again just to make sure it all lines up ok but my view is that if the Minis frame is built to take the Civic mounts and the AWD mount is designed to fit the engine in the right place in a Civic then it stands to reason the engine should also fit in the right place in a Mini and so far this seems to be the case.

Last edited by Oz; 18-02-2019 at 10:37 AM.
Old 21-02-2019, 12:14 AM   #11
1994alex

Did you purchase the trans mount and rear t bracket also?
Old 21-02-2019, 08:53 AM   #12
Oz

No, I only got the 2 mounts shown as these are the only two "standard" mounts used in the conversion, the rest are custom mounts on my subframe. If you are building an AWD with an Allspeed frame then you will need the transmission mount shown, the matching engine mount is optional but I can't see why you'd use a poly mount on one side and an OEM rubber mount on the other. As far as I can see the Allspeed rear mount is modified and retained.

Your best bet is to have a read through GeordieSP1's build:-

https://www.16vminiclub.com/showthread.php?t=37872

He has pics of the mods he had to do to his Allspeed frame. I have found that you have to force the page to show the pics as they only show as attachments that wont open. If you reply to one of his posts showing the pics using the "Quote" button, click "Go Advanced" and then "Preview Post", in the Preview on that page the Attachment becomes a hyperlink you can click. Click it and it should open a new window/tab which will ask you to log in again. Log in and the picture you clicked will show. Go back to the first Window/tab, cancel the "Reply" and go back to Geordie's build thread. Refresh the page and all the pictures in his thread will show.

It's a bit "around the houses" but the pics are really worth seeing as they document everything you will need to know get the AWD gearbox in to an Allspeed frame.

Last edited by Oz; 21-02-2019 at 08:55 AM.
Old 14-03-2019, 12:26 PM   #13
Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz View Post
I had some positioning issues due to the cable change bracket on the top of the frame fouling the rear crossmember of the frame so I couldn't get the engine to sit properly but when I'm next up at the garage I'm going to remove the bracket and try again just to make sure it all lines up ok
Just to follow up on this I have since removed the gear cable bracket and dropped the engine/box back in to the Watsons frame and everything lines up nicely with the brackets on the frame that were for the FWD mounts.

My only issue is that for some reason the Watsons frame mounts the engine/box quite high in the frame so I'm going to have to space out the mounts from the engine and transmission to effectively lower the engine and box in the frame. I can't comment on how the motor will sit in an Allspeed frame.

Last edited by Oz; 14-03-2019 at 05:02 PM.