Old 29-06-2008, 07:10 PM   #39
GRIFF2494

Subframe: Other
CC: 1.8vvc
Make: Rover
ECU: mems 2
Send a message via MSN to GRIFF2494
Default THE SPIT FRAME

well like promised its sunday and i thought i would do a quick update.
well the day started off very well as u can see below, car spins well and i welded a bracket on the pole so i could turn her nice and easy

after that the day began to turn into a nightmare !!!!!!!!!!!! lol

i started scraping the waxonal off the bottom of her sills

then i thought i better do things in a logical order instead of just going on scraping , so i took off the rear coil overs, raduis arms, rear beam etc and found this !!!!!!!!!!!!

that upset me but never mind as had all ready won some heal board repair panels on ebay so can have some fun fitting those NOT !!!!!

next i was in two minds whether to fit new sills both sides or just say melons and get the full replacement floor section

i decided i would just fit new sills so i started to remove one side

all seemed to be going well until i found a patch of rust on the inner sill , cant see from inside the car ony once outer sill removed !!!!!
after poking around a bit my day went horrible when i found this !!!!!!!

not only had the dreaded rust got part of the inner sill it has eaten a section of the floor too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

right under the main box section that give the main support to the car !!!!

so thats it im taking the plunge and treating her to a complete new floor !!!!!!! i just now need to get a spot welder !!!!!! as i only have a mig and im sure a spot welder will do a much better job????

so after seeing all my holes and im going to have to spend i put her away again

till tomorrow

so im just drowing my sorows now with a pint of rum and coke

IF ANYONE HAS OR KNOWS WHERE I CAN GET A SPOT WELDER FROM THAT WILL NOT COST ME AN ARM AND A LEG PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!!!

will update again tomorrow
GRIFF2494 is offline   Reply With Quote