View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 10:21 AM   #1
gazwad

Subframe: Home Made
CC: 1796
Make: Rover
ECU: standard
Default Very exciting event for 2018! private track! 23rd - 24th June

I've been trying to get something organised for next year after a lot couldn't make it to the Shakespeare meet this year. If Shakespeare is open next year we will have another little meet but I have something more interesting in mind for the main event.
I have managed to find a tarmac rally stage/track (not rough - suitable for road cars etc) we can hire out for a weekend, it's a 2.2 mile long track that can be looped into a 4.4 mile track! It will be one car running at a time so no chance of someone else damaging your pride and joy. The track is in mid wales at the appropriately named Mid Wales Activity Centre (http://www.midwalesactivity.co.uk/). There is camping available on site from friday until sunday with the track open EXCLUSIVELY to us on saturday and sunday. We need to get 20 cars booked in to get the track to ourselves and if we get 20 cars the cost will be 50 per car! yes 50 for the whole weekend! This is for mini's only (preferably 16v but will open up to normal minis if we need the numbers).

Retro show is on the 17th June, so I have chosen our event to be on 23rd - 24th June so it doesn't clash and as far as i'm aware this doesn't clash with any other shows. I will be putting a deposit down for the track soon then I will give instructions on how to pay.
the list of attendees so far:
Garry (gazwad) (k series mini)
Shaun (d361 0vr) (k series mini)
Dave Smith (k series clubman estate)
Chris white (a series supercharged van)
Agoaty (k series mini)
Readie (k turbo mini)
MattG (mini?)
Edk83 (k series allegro)
instantcustard (k series mini)
Hayling mini (suzuki mini)
James (suzuki mini)
Geoff (Helen)
Dan (Helen or polished appleC)
XEValver (XE)
Vfast (honda)
Phaeton (k series Freestyle buggy Mr Bumble)
Bigredmini94 (k series turbo)
Chris16v ( mini TBC?)
Jimbob34. Honda mini
James (Yellow). Clubman VVC
Mike (picKup) - k series pickup - June dates only.

Last edited by MattG; 18-04-2018 at 01:36 PM.
gazwad is offline   Reply With Quote