View Single Post
Old 18-01-2018, 05:11 PM   #1
Oz

Subframe: Other
CC: 1595
Make: Honda
ECU: DTA
Default Speedo drive fitment Rover v Honda

Further to a post on my build thread and some Googling I wonder if anyone can help ?

I've heard people say that the Honda D and B series boxes are very similar to the PG1 Rover box. After viewing a few pics and searching on Rimmer Bros I think Watsons have modified a Rover speedo cable as the one they fitted to mine seems very similar to this (Rover 216 pre 95)

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-YBD101570EVA

According to Rimmer Bros Gearbox diagram the set up looks identical or near identical to the Honda one I posted on my thread

Rover one

Honda one

So the question is does anyone have handy a PG1 box and speedo cable like the one pictured above (not with any screw fitting on gearbox end) that they can take photos of ?

What I'd ideally like is:-

a) a clear Pic of both ends of the speedo cable
b) a pic of the speedo housing the cable connects in to on the gearbox
c) (the big ask) a pic of the speedo drive removed from the gearbox (it should be one bolt and it lifts out and it will take the pinion/drive out with it)

so I can compare it my Honda one

Pretty please, can anyone help me out ?

If we can work this out amongst us it will help the Honda guys enormously with mating their Rover speedo to a Honda gearbox

Build Thread - Standard Round Nose B series AWD build using MGF subframes has begun

Last edited by Oz; 18-01-2018 at 05:15 PM.
Oz is offline   Reply With Quote