16v Mini Club Forums

16v Mini Club Forums (https://16vminiclub.com/index.php)
-   Links (https://16vminiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Nürburgring Retro Run (https://16vminiclub.com/showthread.php?t=27895)

mike174 01-01-2012 07:27 PM

Nürburgring Retro Run

Hi all, Happy New Year! The Nürburgring retro run is an amazing chance to take your classic or retro car on a run to the legendary Nürburgring for a week with fellow retro and classic car owners. The run starts on 5th September we travel to Dover in convoy and get the ferry to Dunkirk, and then drive down in several small convoys to our campsite next to the Nürburgring where we stay for the week and split our time between spectating and lapping, visiting the local area and drinks and campfire stories. At the end of the week we then convoy back to Dunkirk for our ferry home after an amazing week. For more information check out the dedicated forum www.retrorun.co.uk

Mike

Kam 02-01-2012 01:02 AM

I've been a few times but went in 2010 with Mike and the 'crew' and would wholeheartedly recommend it, I actually go more for the banter than the track itself but that just goes to show what the crowd is like.......

If you got a classic mini you already qualify, if you got a 'retro' car then check the webby to see if your car is good enough :p

InstantCustard 02-01-2012 10:27 AM

I quite fancy it, me and my friend were planning a trip to the Nurburgring when the Mini's finished, can't guarentee I'll be ready though.
When is the cut-off for entry's?

mike174 02-01-2012 01:30 PM

at the moment there isnt a cut off as we havent 100% decided the date but ill keep this thread updated with more info sign up to the forum and say hello and vote on the polls on there to have your say on dates :)

Mike

benh 04-01-2012 05:13 PM

Providing dates dont clash with my shift pattern im in, was planning to take it up in the first week of September but the idea of a bunch of people going takes the pressure/worries of going solo!

mike174 09-01-2012 08:29 PM

Yeah its a great run and people help if you have an issue and lend you tools etc etc

Dates now up on retrorun.co.uk

benh 09-01-2012 09:54 PM

Cheers Mike all booked :)
cannnnnnnnnnnnnnt wait!!!!

mike174 09-01-2012 10:19 PM

me neither! just need to get the car on the road now

ad53ggz 10-01-2012 08:16 AM

YEY! another 16v mini going, i plan to take my mini if not my reserve is my eunos... and she is definitely making a bid for it recently as im having more and more enjoyment driving her. Difficult decisions to be made!

Kam 11-01-2012 07:50 PM

You'll get more respect turning up in a mini, not just from me but everyone on the run, everyone whos out there, everyone in europe and everyone from the whole wide world and even beyond

You do the maths :p

charlie_t 11-01-2012 11:53 PM

last time i did this, i spent half the trip fixing peaching mini's!
tempted to again but i'm hiding my tool kit if i do

ad53ggz 12-01-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kam (Post 262184)
You'll get more respect turning up in a mini, not just from me but everyone on the run, everyone whos out there, everyone in europe and everyone from the whole wide world and even beyond

You do the maths :p

Ha ha ha i like this! :p

Will drive the mini about a bit and see how she is hopefully get a change to iron out some of the quirks in it. Mini is preference... just the eunos has some creature comforts!

Kam 12-01-2012 09:47 PM

Creature comforts? :shock:

You don't need heated seats or retractable mirrors or a heads up display on your windscreen to enjoy driving a car, not sure if you have been out there but classic cars get more kudos whichever way you turn

There will probably be another mx-5 on the run but these will just get you a free haircut somewhere and no kudos :lol:

ad53ggz 14-01-2012 07:30 AM

ha ha no by creature comforts i meant, a heater, carpet sound deading! Been adding all these into the mini but yet to see if they have paid off. If i took the mini in its old state i would have been deaf long before i even go to brands! oh does the ring have a noise limit?

Kam 14-01-2012 08:30 PM

Believe it or not yeah they got noise limits, the locals had been complaining so they got some detectors dotted around couple of years back, mainly by the residential areas like breidscheid/adenau half way round where you can turn off the circuit for a breather........or exchange insurance details :rolleyes:

Don't worry though, unless yours sticks out and sounds like a daytona car while your waiting amongst all the cars at the barriers then you'll be fine

They mainly go on looks, if your car looks like sh!t and immensely unsafe and also looks like sh!t then you'll get pulled to one side, which basically means you can't play